Particulate filter warning light

Brian W

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a MG ZS turbo 2019 petrol and today the particulate filter warning light was showing Red on the dashboard along with the engine light (amber).
everything seems to be running ok but need advice please

For info the car has only done 26000 miles and no amber warning light came on,it went straight to Red

As stated above, everyone here has an EV (or plug-in hybrid). Although somone may come along with knowledge of your problem, you'd be better off looking for an MG forum that deals with ICE models :)

I have a MG ZS turbo 2019 petrol and today the particulate filter warning light was showing Red on the dashboard along with the engine light (amber).

For info the car has only done 26000 miles and no amber warning light came on,it went straight to Red
You could try driving at 60+ mph for 30 minutes to see if the exhaust gets hot enough to burn off the soot build up but you run the risk of it going into limp mode. Might be better to take it to your dealer sooner rather than later.

I the past I've used Wynne's Particulate Filter additive and drive it "like you stole it " for a while ( as suggested above ) .
As @Alb suggested above , you'd be better posting in a dedicated ICE forum as you're unlikely to get in hits in an EV forum :)

Hi Brian did you ever locate the problem on your MG — looks like Mine has got the same fault ??
Phil

Hi Brian did you ever locate the problem on your MG — looks like Mine has got the same fault ??
Phil
Are you refering to an MG ZS EV ? If so take it to the dealer as something is very wrong .
This is an EV forum so most likely no EV owners have had particulate filter faults . Best look for answers on an ICE forum ( any make ) :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom