Parts availability

BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had my mg5 for almost a year the car has been great no problems at all lately I have become aware of story’s of problems getting spare parts things taking over 3 months to arrive or not even arriving at all is this just a MG thing or are other manufacturers having similar issues should I be worried?

There is a baseline worldwide transport issue but the MG specific problems I've read about here are more acute than those I've seen for other marques.

Genuine Vauxhall Ampera parts often had to come from the US or Germany, with similar lead times. Luckily many of the cars parts were standard Vauxhall (e.g. Astra brakes pads and shoes) - which were in general a lot cheaper than the equivalent (but identical) Ampera part!

The Ampera was only made in the US and not really sold here so as a bit of a rarity I guess that was to be expected (I think only about 1300 were ever sold in the UK).

Had my mg5 for almost a year the car has been great no problems at all lately I have become aware of story’s of problems getting spare parts things taking over 3 months to arrive or not even arriving at all is this just a MG thing or are other manufacturers having similar issues should I be worried?
We required two parts to rectify a fault on the electronic hand brake on our ZS EV recently.
One part arrived in just over two weeks, the second one arrived after about three weeks.
Both parts where valued at £160 - but the car hire for almost four weeks would have likely cost about £1,000.
The ZS EV ICE has been around a while now and therefore you would expect parts to be easy to procure.
In our case, the parts we required where indicative to the ZS EV - So I guess, they where not holding stock of these parts in the UK stock clearly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom