Parts availability?

Dino

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Bugger!
That’s pretty much all I have to say after this morning!
Waiting for the garage to take it away and leave me a courtesy car, but does anyone know what the parts availability is?
How long have others been waiting for their repairs?
I’m dreading having a tiny ICE instead of my 5.

Attachments

• 8FF08F01-D001-4C67-907D-3673F1A682CC.jpeg
    8FF08F01-D001-4C67-907D-3673F1A682CC.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 220
Bugger!
Waiting for the garage to take it away and leave me a courtesy car, but does anyone know what the parts availability is?
Ouch - I scraped the rear passenger door off the driveway gates at Xmas time - luckily it was centre of panel and very minor dent so filled and resprayed - just done again today as poor initial colour match on the Pearl Black in strong sunlight. Hopefully they've been more successful this time.

Bugger!
I hope you, any passengers...and Teddy were unhurt?

We haven't had many good news stories on body parts availability.
I am sorry to hear about your misfortune.
This has been our experience of requiring parts on our MG ZS EV ( Gen 1 model )
We had over a two week wait for a electric hand brake motor, then almost another two week wait, for a rear brake calliper to rectify the problem on our car.
In that time, the car was stranded at the dealership awaiting parts.
The hire car was returned 2 days short of a month, from the day our car arrived at the dealership.
The fault was diagnosed straight away and the parts ordered on the very same day.
Both parts where installed in less than 2 hours, after the second part arrived.
MG notified the dealer that the second part was arriving and instructed them to install the part on the same day !.
Total cost of the parts £160.
Cost of the hire car to MG - I would guess at around £2,000.
This is the reason that MG where pushing the dealer to complete the car.
Fuel costs to ourselves, around £150 in four weeks.
You maybe lucky and find the parts are "in stock" in the U.K.
If not, they will go on a "Back Order" list and are then coming in from China.
I am so sorry to say, that you could be in for a bit of a wait :(.
The car will need to be inspected and then stripped ASAP.
Only then can a list of parts can be compiled, then the ordering process can take place.
Not what you want to hear of course, but that has been our experience of awaiting for parts.
It has to be said in all fairness, this is just not isolated to MG.
Other manufacturers are suffering similar supplier problems as we all cutely aware, due to what is going on in the world right now !.

Here’s my story 😂
I purchased my mg5 in October 11 2021 on the 27th of October I was rear ended with over €6k worth of damage and no eta of parts I finally got the 🚗 into get repaired on the 4 th of January 2022 and I got it back on the 18 of January

Attachments

• F8FDF108-CBB4-4C23-AB46-041092E92629.jpeg
    F8FDF108-CBB4-4C23-AB46-041092E92629.jpeg
    847 KB · Views: 129
  • B6096AC7-F3F7-414B-B110-44D8E1512AEE.jpeg
    B6096AC7-F3F7-414B-B110-44D8E1512AEE.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 157
3 months waiting time in total is not good at all. I hope they did a good job with the repair.

Mine was in for three weeks and I spent £120 on petrol. I sent them a spead sheet showing my electric costs at about £20 and asked for the difference to go down as an out of pocket expense 😁
We had a loan Pug 3008 oil burner for almost four weeks, when our previous ZS EV was stuck at the dealership, awaiting two parts to fix the handbrake that only cost less than £160.00.
We spent almost that same amount in fuel in that four weeks, the cost of the loan car would have been close to £2,000 we think !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom