Passenger compartment fuse box access

Steptoe

Standard Member
Reaction score
I expected to have to unscrew a panel or two to access the fuse box located in the passenger footwell so was surprised to find the fuses in full view without even a lid on the box!

Curiously the manual refers to 'removing the closing panel below the glove box to gain access to the fuse box' so wonder if my vehicle has this panel missing? (admittedly it's quite interesting to be able to also view the blower motor and associated cabling)

I'd be grateful if someone could check their vehicle to see if this 'closing panel' does actually exist as I'm 17 miles from the nearest showroom..........

Can you please show us a picture and I’ll look at mine, but it’s not something I’ve noticed...

I can confirm my car is the same as yours. Funnily enough I was looking under there only last week.

Can you please show us a picture and I’ll look at mine, but it’s not something I’ve noticed...
Apologies for the poor picture quality; taken from where the passenger's feet would be with phone in selfie mode, IMG_20201110_090725.jpg

Yep, that looks like mine. The EV hand book is an adaptation of the fossil car and some of the info is wrong. The fossil car probably does have a cover over the fuses where as in the EV it’s deleted to keep costs down. There are a number of other examples of this in the hand book.

Thanks for confirming my car hasn't had the panel taken out to give to someone else who complained, lol!

TBH, I've no problem with the fuses being so accessible, both here and under the bonnet, this makes it far more likely that they won't blow (however to be on the safe side I've just ordered a few spares!)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom