Passenger door opening - Delay option?

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Strange, pulled up at destination, wife pulls door handle, door remains shut. I hit the unlock button on my door, her door stays shut.
We look at each other in surprise for a few more seconds. She tries again and the door decides to open.
Glitch me thinks.
Same thing happened this morning.
Any thoughts?

It’s a safety feature pull the handle once unlocks the door pull the handle again the door opens I think it’s referred to on page 142 in the manual

Don’t forget we now have to use the “Dutch Reach” method to open the door when leaving the car.

Pull twice to open doors when the car is locked.

When you pressed the unlock button her and all other doors should unlock and pull only once to open.
Hmmm.. When her door did not open we are both sure she pulled the handle more than once. When I pushed the open door lock on my door hers still did not open but did the next time she tried it. Will keep an eye in this.
Maybe it's a bit like the fuel cap release, got to get the timing right.

Checked today. Took 4 pulls to get her door open after the car came to rest, the car was still 'live' and I had not hit the dash button. Don't know if this makes any difference.

Weird, took 6 pulls yesterday morning, engine running. In the afternoon we had a person in the back and stopped to let them out, when they pulled the door handle it opened first pull they then closed the door. I asked the wife to try her door, first pull the door opened! Car engine running.
It would seem the first pull on her door does not release the lock as it should, and opening another door does release all door locks. More testing needed.

Open drivers door with your left hand makes you look behind you to see stupid cyclists driving close to your car. Makes it harder to knock them off😂

I live in Belgium so I am Dutch , that's how I was taught to open the door in driving school.... 🤭

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom