Passenger occupancy sensors

Prof1967

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had a moment of panic as when we got in the car to come home a warning came up saying the rear passengers hadn't put their seat belts on, even though there were no passengers. I have a boot liner that hooks over the headrests and it turns out that where we had put some heavy bits and pieces in the boot the liner had been pulled tight putting pressure on the seats which made the car think someone was sitting there.

There are no sensors in the rear seats, the warnings come on if the seat belts are not buckled up.
I'm not certain but I have a theory that this happens if you open a rear door, as it did on my Prius.
My rear belts are occupied by 3 dog harness belt buckles so mine never come on anyway.

Warning bong sounded when car started moving and stopped when stationary. The passenger symbols on the dash were also flashing. Only stopped when moving if the nearside rear passenger seat belt was buckled.

Was the door open, and you closed it properly after plugging the belt in? The back seats don't have sensors.

If the door wasn't closed it would show on the dash but yes the door was closed properly. Only thing that stopped the bongs was clipping the seat belt in on the empty seat.

If the door wasn't closed it would show on the dash but yes the door was closed properly. Only thing that stopped the bongs was clipping the seat belt in on the empty seat.
Had you opened a rear door prior to the warning starting ?

Did you get a resolution to this problem. Having the same issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom