• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Pedestrian alert control system

Tim Green

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to turn on and off the Pedestrian alert system? It says you can in the handbook, but not how to do it. My car it seems to be off, but it says the default is on? Any ideas?

Does yours work? It is important to me because I have to drive through a pedestrianised area and it causes irritation when the car cannot he heard.
I have looked all through the various places but cannot find any way to control it.

Yes, but you can’t really hear it yourself from within the car, there is a video on YouTube which demonstrates this from outside, can’t forward the link at present as in involved in a webinar....paying attention...but you should be able to find it.

I have seen the Utube - the one thing it doesn't say is how to turn it on and off!
However, it says the system always resets to "on" on start-up so I guess it is on.
Just not very loud! Also it stops being audible when the car stops which is not very clever... when you come up behind someone and stop because he hasn't heard you - he certainly wont then! TG

As I said earlier the option is within the infotainment system under the system option or car option from the main screen.

Attachments

• BF80C7FB-0B58-45DB-A69B-F9F43F190E8E.jpeg
    BF80C7FB-0B58-45DB-A69B-F9F43F190E8E.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 301
  • B827F940-7A4B-4A51-AF21-275153D208C8.jpeg
    B827F940-7A4B-4A51-AF21-275153D208C8.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 327
  • AF54E629-84FA-4529-AA0C-4E4220DC4DC5.jpeg
    AF54E629-84FA-4529-AA0C-4E4220DC4DC5.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 48289A72-F21B-4B88-BAE1-C11AB8B0A450.jpeg
    48289A72-F21B-4B88-BAE1-C11AB8B0A450.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 328
Ok Mark, thanks for your help, I have found it!
I have to say the car manual is pretty useless!
Now I can turn the pedestrian alert on and off I realise it is possible to hear it -just.
I think it needs to be louder and it needs to be audible when the car is stationary.
Its probably hopeless asking for a mod, isnt it?
Thanks again, Tim.

Yes, but you can’t really hear it yourself from within the car, there is a video on YouTube which demonstrates this from outside, can’t forward the link at present as in involved in a webinar....paying attention...but you should be able to find it.
got a link

Hi Tim, I can hear my ZS arriving from within the garden so it is quite noticeable from outside. However, I believe it defaults to “on” at every start up.

It is mandatory by law(I think EU) that it is on by default.
It turns itself off @30km/h and on @25km/h

I wish it would be possible to upload your own sound and that it Could be set to go off @50km/h. Would be nice @christmas ..."tsjingtsjingtsjingtsjing" (red sticker on the hood hohoho)

wow this is new to me, I thought Pedestrian Alert, was to alert the driver to pedestrians, not the other way around lol

Ow wow indeed, because the way you describe it, I think you could be right too. Or we're just mixing things up.

I've looked it up in the manual and it seems it isn't very obvious, nor is the manual very visual. It only describes the different options without showing where in the mediacenter you find the supposed switches (it's in car). So I looked it up in the car too and took the different foto's to make that more clear (and understand the car better myself). I switched the language from Dutch to English, so everyone understands the text, You're welcome ?

There are two systems regarding pedestrians.

Page 138 is about the Pedestrian Alert Control System. In other words the mandatory sound any EV has to make under 30km/h (yes our MG's eZS sound like a podracer, how cool is that). This can be turned off as described in this feed and default is on.
Pedestrian Alert.jpg

The other one on page 228 is about the Pedestrian Auto Emergency Brake. It is together with the Auto Emergency Brake, part of the cars emergency brake system. The off switches of both those systems are there in case the car has to be towed away and default is on.
Pedestrian Auto Emergency Braking.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed there are no ultrasonic sensors on the front of my MG, do the pedestrian auto emergency braking and collision avoidance rely solely on the front camera ?

I would expect it to be radar based, and used on cruise control as well. I think the cruise works quite well but the "gain" control (how fast the car accelerates back to set speed) seems very slow. Can this be set under software?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom