• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Pedestrian alert control system

On my Prius the "gain" as you refer to it as, is determined by the drive mode, Sport, Normal or Eco. Not sure on my MG but would assume the same.

An interesting point but I have tried it in eco and normal but I did not notice any difference. I have not tried sport.

I would expect it to be radar based, and used on cruise control as well. I think the cruise works quite well but the "gain" control (how fast the car accelerates back to set speed) seems very slow. Can this be set under software?
No. Or at least not by owners.
But if you set your KERS to Sport and the ACC distance to the shortest range it will react a lot quicker and accelarate a lot faster. It will also most definitely drain the battery a lot more...

No. Or at least not by owners.
But if you set your KERS to Sport and the ACC distance to the shortest range it will react a lot quicker and accelarate a lot faster. It will also most definitely drain the battery a lot more...
OR just hit it, plank it, floor it until you've reached the desired speed and let ACC take over again ?

Attachments

• 20200722_125817.jpg
    20200722_125817.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 92
Can anyone tell me how to turn on and off the Pedestrian alert system? It says you can in the handbook, but not how to do it. My car it seems to be off, but it says the default is on? Any ideas?
W have 6 months ago taken delivery of an MG ZS EV and trying to get some sense out of the dealers in Melbourne. The Owners hand book is very clear on page 133 the car is equipped with a pedestrian alert system that can be turn ON or OFF. The dealer tells me that the owners hand book is generic and the car is not equipped with this feature !! This I do not accept as SAIC Motors only produce one model of EV for Australia in the range which is the ZS EV. I feel that MG / SAIC motors should update the software to include this feature. There no way of getting in touch with either

I have to revert to the horn as I don’t have this system, seems to work still! It is concerning though how many people cross the road in front of you because they are listening rather than looking.

Yes, the limited volume of the pedestrian warning is a problem. As I drive a lot through fully pedestrianised area I have had to make a separate warning system as blowing the horn is rather unpleasant and results in angry looks. I fitted a bleeper which is driven from both front indicators using an "and-gate". Thus Indicating normally has no effect but if you put on the hazard warning it bleeps as well. This works well -unless the pedestrians have headphones on!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom