Pedestrian Alert noise

Tom McConnell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have been learning about the Pedestrian Alert noise on EV’s.
I cannot find anything about it in the MG5 user manual, however first time I thought it was fault noise from the heating/ventilation system so pressed the ventilation on off button on the left of the ventilation controls and the sound disappeared.
Is this the only way to turn of the noise as It also turns off the ventilation etc ?
is there a menu on the system config screen somewhere ?

It is mentioned in the manual because I remember reading it but I couldn't tell you where exactly.

From memory, there is no way to turn it off.

It's generally on when you are moving under 20 miles an hour but it differs slightly between speeding up and slowing down.

Found this in an online owners manual in the Starting and Driving section.

Pedestrian Alert Control System In order to improve the safety, your car is fitted with a Pedestrian Alert System. When the vehicle is travelling at a low speed, the system controls a speaker that sounds to remind pedestrians in the vicinity of your presence. Sound Strategies The speaker sounds when all of the following conditions are met: 1 The vehicle is READY; 2 The Pedestrian Alert System is fault free; 3 During acceleration, the vehicle speed is above 0 mph (0 km/h) and less than 19 mph (30 km/h); during deceleration, the vehicle speed is greater than 0 mph (0 km/h) and less than, or equal to 15 mph (25 km/h).

Found this in an online owners manual in the Starting and Driving section.

Pedestrian Alert Control System In order to improve the safety, your car is fitted with a Pedestrian Alert System. When the vehicle is travelling at a low speed, the system controls a speaker that sounds to remind pedestrians in the vicinity of your presence. Sound Strategies The speaker sounds when all of the following conditions are met: 1 The vehicle is READY; 2 The Pedestrian Alert System is fault free; 3 During acceleration, the vehicle speed is above 0 mph (0 km/h) and less than 19 mph (30 km/h); during deceleration, the vehicle speed is greater than 0 mph (0 km/h) and less than, or equal to 15 mph (25 km/h).
May be I have a fault with the ventilation system, will see how I get on. It is not the heater fan as the noise is still present when I turn the fan to the lowest setting.

PACS is a legal requirement so you should not be able to switch it off or otherwise disable it.

I think you can turn it off on the MG ZS EV

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom