Pedestrian alert.

Scottguardian

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that although the pedestrian alert is on there is no noticeable sound emanating from the car. I have checked the plug for the sounder which is pushed home OK. What am I missing!

It only works up to 19 mph when accelerating and below 15 mph when decelerating.
It's not very loud IMO and you can hardly hear it inside the car, maybe if you have the window open on the sounder side you might hear it. The MG5 is much louder.

I have al
Thanks, it’s just a couple of neighbours didn’t hear me as I passed them and I haven’t heard any sounding.
I have also wondered about this, I've driven right up to people in the middle of the road and they've not heard me, I was certainly going less than 19mph. Then I beep them but I haven't really worked out how to do a little gentle beep, then they jump and scowl at me!!

I have al

I have also wondered about this, I've driven right up to people in the middle of the road and they've not heard me, I was certainly going less than 19mph. Then I beep them but I haven't really worked out how to do a little gentle beep, then they jump and scowl at me!!
Replace your horn with one of these....Train horn

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom