Pedestrian warning sound

Just picked up a 22 MG5LR. I can't hear the pedestrian warning sound from inside the car and when I reversed down my drive today my wife, who was outside the car couldn't hear it either. Does anyone know what it sounds like; i.e: bell, buzzer etc?

UPDATE!! Just found this video on youtube which might explain it! We thought the change in note was just the motor. It appears not!

Last edited:
Just picked up a 22 MG5LR. I can't hear the pedestrian warning sound from inside the car and when I reversed down my drive today my wife, who was outside the car couldn't hear it either. Does anyone know what it sounds like; i.e: bell, buzzer etc?

UPDATE!! Just found this video on youtube which might explain it! We thought the change in note was just the motor. It appears not!

I wonder if it makes the noise if the car is crawling without throttle applied?
I recently pulled out of my parking spot without using throttle and my neighbour said that it made absolutely no noise at all (MG ZS EV "Mk2")

I recently pulled out of my parking spot without using throttle and my neighbour said that it made absolutely no noise at all (MG ZS EV "Mk2")
Not sure… I’ll be paying a bit more attention to mine when I next go out..!

According to the handbooks (Gen 1 ZS and SR 5), the pedestrian alert sounds from 0 to 19mph when accelerating and from 15 to 0 mph when decelerating.
I don't know why they quote 0 mph as it doesn't sound when stationary. :unsure:
SWMBO's 5's alert is very loud and sounds as soon as the car moves.

According to the handbooks (Gen 1 ZS and SR 5), the pedestrian alert sounds from 0 to 19mph when accelerating and from 15 to 0 mph when decelerating.
I don't know why they quote 0 mph as it doesn't sound when stationary. :unsure:
SWMBO's 5's alert is very loud and sounds as soon as the car moves.
I think I was expecting buzzers or bells but it doesn't sound anything like that!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom