People blocking chargers

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey

Wanted to get peoples suggestions.

There is an EV which is being left on my local charger all day after it has finished charging. This mean no one can use it all day.

The app pings when a car plugs in and disconnects. The timing is 9 - 5:30. This suggests the person is leaving while they go to work.

I have stuck a nice polite note on the car asking them to think of others but nothing has changed.

I am going to stick another nice note on the car.

The only next step is contacting charging company as their policy states you should not leave the car there once charged. I am going to contact the council as I do not believe they have a parking permit for the street as well.

Any other suggestion?

Before anyone says it I am keep this nice and trying to get them to understand they are being selfish.

Hey

There is an EV which is being left on my local charger all day after it has finished charging. This mean no one can use it all day.

The app pings when a car plugs in and disconnects. The timing is 9 - 5:30. This suggests the person is leaving while they go to work.

I have stuck a nice polite note on the car asking them to think of others but nothing has changed.

The only next step is contacting charging company as their policy states you should not leave the car there once charged. I am going to contact the council as I do not believe they have a parking permit for the street as well.

Any other suggestion?

Before anyone says it I am keep this nice and trying to get them to understand they are being selfish.
Get there at 8:50 and do it everyday for a week 🤷🏻‍♂️

Get there at 8:50 and do it everyday for a week 🤷🏻‍♂️
LOL funny enough i had thought of this. Its just frustrating that someone with an EV who knows the challenge would not think of others. But I guess anyone or any type of person can be an EV owner.

Carrot and stick approach?
You mean hit them with it lol

LOL funny enough i had thought of this. Its just frustrating that someone with an EV who knows the challenge would not think of others. But I guess anyone or any type of person can be an EV owner.
You'll be surprised at how selfish people can be and don't care as long as they get sorted

What charge network is it and is it a free destination 7kWh EVSE?

Hey

Any other suggestion?

A lentil perhaps?

"Nice set of wheeels you've got there, squire, very nice. Course, it'd be a shame if something were to happen to them. An accident, know what I mean, squire...?"

Last edited:
It’s becoming more of an issue here too. 99% of the time it’s teslas. Having contacted companies they usually say it’s the operator of the carparks issue to enforce. They on turn have 0 interest in helping. I have in the past hit the emergency stop. To release the cable from the offending car, even though this is not technically cricket. More and more people are becoming so selfish so it’s going to continue I think.

The non foc Chargeplace Scotland ones bill you a £30 overstay fee if you charge for more than 4 hours. A lot of the other companies should do this. I would suggest you recommend this to whatever company owns the chargepoint.

Depends on the council and charger type, many Rapids have a 1hr max stay with £1 a minute overstay fees (to a max of £30) and charger hogging is pretty rare.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom