Perfect spot for the fifth headrest

ChrisR

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
For those who've removed the centre headrest to improve rear vision I've found that, rather than leaving it at home or have it loose in the boot, it fits perfectly between the back of the front seats if you put the two prongs into the centre console storage space. It hasn't moved in over 2,000 km driving and is right there if needed for a fifth passenger.

20231123_103254.jpg

20231123_103308.jpg

Good idea. I'm unlikely to have 5 people in the car and it does obscure the rear visibility a bit, so I've also removed and put it in the bag with the granny charger and in the back of the wardrobe for the duration of the lease. I never used the GC in my previous 39 months of lease, so at least I know where they are.

I always wanted to remove it the day I bought the car a month ago and only got a chance to do it today. Its in my wardrobe. But a great idea if you have 5th passenger occassionally. For me, I never get the 5th one and want to keep the interior minimalistic. So its better inside the wardrobe. Will be helpful for others for sure. Thanks.

Thanks for the tip 😊. I've removed mine for better rear visibilty and that looks a neat solution for storage !

It also means it's always on hand if needed too 👍

I'm guessing the prongs wedge it in place with no rattling ?

For those who've removed the centre headrest to improve rear vision I've found that, rather than leaving it at home or have it loose in the boot, it fits perfectly between the back of the front seats if you put the two prongs into the centre console storage space. It hasn't moved in over 2,000 km driving and is right there if needed for a fifth passenger.

View attachment 21769
View attachment 21770
How do you remove it?

Does it just pull out?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member