Performance drop after 1st service

littleflower

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi. I just had my first service and 4 software updates later... the performance has significantly dropped. It is ok at low speeds but got caught out on motorway as went to overtake and accelerate from 60 to 70 mph.... previously this was pretty much instantaneous but now it struggles to speed up by 1 mph.
Anyone else experience this?
Upside is improved fuel efficiency

Just picked mine up after 1st service and all seems the same although there were no software updates applied (some were done last year when I took it in to check the floor pan). Cost £96 including the renewed AA cover BTW.

Yep, I had this issue. Took it back and dealer had another go at updating software - which fixed it. The lower the battery the worse the top speed.
(In fact, this was after the dealer's second attempt, the first had stopped the rapid charging working - fortunately I caught this when it was only inconvenient and didn't leave me stranded)

Yep, I had this issue. Took it back and dealer had another go at updating software - which fixed it. The lower the battery the worse the top speed.
(In fact, this was after the dealer's second attempt, the first had stopped the rapid charging working - fortunately I caught this when it was only inconvenient and didn't leave me stranded)
Thanks. Good to know

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel