• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Petrol station visit was weird.

MonsterMonster

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
After running the 5LR for 1400 miles since Jan 1st I visited a petrol station for the first time since then for our petrol Matiz. It felt distinctly backwards and old fashioned.

Has anyone else had that feeling?

Yeh me too my wife has a Corsa, and a couple of time recently she as ask me to get petrol for her, found myself standing there trying to remember which pipe to pick up on a pump that had 2 green ones being unleaded, and super unleaded and then a black for diesel had to look very carefully the first time as I had never been to a fuel pump since I got my 5 last March.
Les

Yes, a while ago I had to get some petrol for the lawn mower and the stink of it struck me most, and the inevitable bit of spill that will get washed away into gutters and streams. Fortunately for me the mower was on its last legs and I've replaced it with a battery model that makes me actually look forward to mowing. :rolleyes:

Last time I put petrol in my other car I think it was the cost that hit me most.
Having said that, in comparison with non-home charging:
  • It was quick
  • No anxiety
  • No waiting for a free pump
  • No need for Apps or RFID
  • It worked first time and I was 100% confident that would be the case.
There's still some ground to make up!

Ah but did you have to check which app to use, which RFID card to use and whether you had any mobile signal? Did the price vary depending on whether of not you had a subscription?

I feel very dirty now visiting any petrol stations. I also go into snobbery mode and disgust mode when a smelly polluting old car is in front and I constantly have to turn the fans off or to recycling the air otherwise I breath in the dirty fumes. DIRTY PETROL

I last visited a Petrol Station in May 2016 bar a couple of hire cars on holiday where I had forgotten what to do!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom