Phone mat solutions?

Cabbages

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
There are instances where I need to accelerate hard enough to the point my phone flies off the mat and it disconnects from my cable. The mat is just not grippy enough or has enough of a lip to hold onto the phone.

Has anyone found any solution for this problem, I can't be losing sat nav, every time I need to get out in front of someone cause they're driving like a knob.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There are instances where I need to accelerate hard enough to the point my phone flies off the mat and it disconnects from my cable. The mat is just not grippy enough or has enough of a lip to hold onto the phone.

Has anyone found any solution for this problem, I can't be losing sat nav, every time I need to get out in front of someone cause they're driving like a knob.
I bought this from amazon: Amazon product ASIN B07LF7WHQVcut it to size and it works perfectly

20230410_165827~2.jpg

I feel like a shallow black silicon tray would work best, haven't seen anything while I've been looking.

Around the same size as the charging mat, and an inch or so tall.

Be careful what you use to clean the stock tray. Some products (Autoglym for one) leave it very slippery, whereas products like Meguiars quik interior don’t. Not saying that’s the problem but I’m sure it doesn’t help

These seem to work well, you may be able to find the individual parts.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom