Phonecall audio isn't going through car speakers.

KindRabbit

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi. I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth. When the phone rings the ringtone comes through the car speakers, but when I pick up the call the audio reverts to the phone. The call audio doesn't come through the car speakers at all. I have tried unpairing and pairing the phone and had no luck. Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

Hi. I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth. When the phone rings the ringtone comes through the car speakers, but when I pick up the call the audio reverts to the phone. The call audio doesn't come through the car speakers at all. I have tried unpairing and pairing the phone and had no luck. Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?
You dont say which model car this is?
Assuming its an MG4 connect the mobiles charger cable to the left side usb (left side of cig lighter socket) now plug the charger into your mobile & that should work? IF it stops during your day/drive take the phone end out, clean it or turn it round & re insert it. The Bluetooth pairing “should “ also put calls through the speakers however on my x power it is shocking! & I constantly have to re pair my iphone, sometimes even if ive only nipped into a shop & got back in 😡. IF neither option works nip into an MG dealer as it must be very annoying to live with.

Thank you for your reply. I have an MG HS Phev. Don't get me started on the usb connectivity! My android auto flashes on and off to the point I've stopped trying to use it. I've tried different cables and it does it with my husband's phone too so it's not my phone. I have called MG but to look at it they want my car for a whole day and that's not practical right now. All that to say, this is why I'm connecting my phone by Bluetooth rather than the physical usb cable. I have disconnected and re-paired my phone and I have uninstalled and reinstalled android auto. I have yet to find the answer.

Thank you for your reply. I have an MG HS Phev. Don't get me started on the usb connectivity! My android auto flashes on and off to the point I've stopped trying to use it. I've tried different cables and it does it with my husband's phone too so it's not my phone. I have called MG but to look at it they want my car for a whole day and that's not practical right now. All that to say, this is why I'm connecting my phone by Bluetooth rather than the physical usb cable. I have disconnected and re-paired my phone and I have uninstalled and reinstalled android auto. I have yet to find the answer.
Its time these annoying niggles were sorted out by MG either by recall or software updates (both).
IF mine persists I will get the usb replaced by a professional auto electrician. In your shoes that’s exactly what I would do. Im betting they used cheap usb sockets!

I agree. The android auto didn't work in my previous car and I was so excited when I bought my first "luxury" car. It's all very 1st world niggles but I worked hard and paid a lot of money. The main niggles are one wing mirror doesn't always tuck in, the android auto is flakey and now the speaker connectivity with my phone. I so feel silly complaining about these things but I also want what I paid for.

I agree. The android auto didn't work in my previous car and I was so excited when I bought my first "luxury" car. It's all very 1st world niggles but I worked hard and paid a lot of money. The main niggles are one wing mirror doesn't always tuck in, the android auto is flakey and now the speaker connectivity with my phone. I so feel silly complaining about these things but I also want what I paid for.
Hello. I might be wrong but have you tried making a call and turning up the volume on the plus switch while listening to the call. Apologies if it doesn't work
Dave

Hello. I might be wrong but have you tried making a call and turning up the volume on the plus switch while listening to the call. Apologies if it doesn't work
Dave
Hi, thanks for the reply. I haven't tried that but as the call can be heard through the phone speakers I don't think it'll be there in the car speakers. There is certainly a massive discrepancy in the volume between Bluetooth/DAB radio volume and android auto volume. If my android auto had been working (which is rare!) and I get out of the car, then back in again, the radio comes on at a deafening volume.

For your mirror get some lithium grease, its in an aerosol & is clear & thin. Ebay sell it. Spray the joint where the mirror head swivels on the mirror arm & operate a few times. Should cure it. I agree 100% with you, weve worked/suffered & saved to get our cars so they should be worth the money. My Bluetooth connection is dire ! Mine is the only mobile paired, but it constantly deletes/forgets my phone & asks me to pair. Not good enough. They may be built to a price but IF you cannot build Quality to a price you’re wasting everybody’s time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom