Pick up in 2 days

Hi all,

New to EVs and MGs - pick up my new MG5 on Wednesday.

Learning a lot in the meantime!
Like someone else I find myself looking for excuses to go out in the car.
What home charger are looking at?

Cheers chaps

Not sure on the home charger yet - I've been looking at Podpoint. MG have recommended Rolec I think?
Need to get a survey done (I've only a 60A main fuse) and see what options I have.

At first, I'll nip up to Tesco and charge up there - I only do about 100 miles a week normally so it won't be too much of an issue.

Hi all,

New to EVs and MGs - pick up my new MG5 on Wednesday.

Learning a lot in the meantime!
Welcome to the future Rupert, I have had mine since March. I have been driving for over 40 years and in that time I have had some nice cars but I can honestly say that this is the best driving experience of my life. I hope you enjoy it as I have done.

Cheers chaps

Not sure on the home charger yet - I've been looking at Podpoint. MG have recommended Rolec I think?
Need to get a survey done (I've only a 60A main fuse) and see what options I have.

At first, I'll nip up to Tesco and charge up there - I only do about 100 miles a week normally so it won't be too much of an issue.
Pod point can be fitted with a 60A fuse (mine was initially) as it throttles back the current to the car when the load is high in the house.

Thanks folks - useful info. 24hrs left now!

type 2 charging cable arrived today

....and I've got it!

tempImageOwjETV.jpg

Cheers chaps

I've seen some bad comments on Rolex concerning the charger not really liking MG, I like my Zappi V2 but that can start you down a whole new road of solar. The Zappi can change rates Depending on the house load. Which is useful. Good luck with the car. I love my Blue one to.
#TeamBlue

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom