Picked up my new MG5

deej19

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just picked up my new MG5 Excite yesterday. Very pleased with it so far. The spec is impressive for a base model. It has all the must have features on my checklist :
Cruise control
Satnav
Parking sensors
Reversing camera

I'm not sure what the fuss is about the built-in Satnav. It seems pretty good to me and is very configurable. I had a test drive in a Corsa-e and that was much less easy to use.

I was able to get a bit of solar charging on my zappi before the sun went down and early this morning the scheduled charge worked perfectly - just need to run it down to 20% and try a local rapid now!

Great. There are some compatibility settings in the Zappi if you get any issues with 'Charge Delayed' or 'Charge Complete'. It's also needs to be in Eco mode (or already charging on Eco+) before you set a 'boost', otherwise it may not respond in time to do the initial test with unexpected consequences.

It's awesome to trickle in the miles from the solar, I've diverted 325kWh to the car since getting the car just before Christmas which is about 35% of my total charging.

Great. There are some compatibility settings in the Zappi if you get any issues with 'Charge Delayed' or 'Charge Complete'. It's also needs to be in Eco mode (or already charging on Eco+) before you set a 'boost', otherwise it may not respond in time to do the initial test with unexpected consequences.

It's awesome to trickle in the miles from the solar, I've diverted 325kWh to the car since getting the car just before Christmas which is about 35% of my total charging.
Thanks, I agree about the solar. I had the zappi since 2018 because I had a Kia Niro PHEV on lease but handed it back early because I wasn't going anywhere in the lockdowns. Have you got any tips on the compatibility settings?

Turn compatibility to on, infinite PWM to on, charge end to at least 90s. It seems to go through a reset process every time it resumes charging so it can be quite slow before eventually starting to charge. These settings seem to prevent the erroneous 'charge complete' message. I still see 'charge delayed' but that fixes itself after a minute or two.

Turn compatibility to on, infinite PWM to on, charge end to at least 90s. It seems to go through a reset process every time it resumes charging so it can be quite slow before eventually starting to charge. These settings seem to prevent the erroneous 'charge complete' message. I still see 'charge delayed' but that fixes itself after a minute or two.
Great - thanks, just had to change the charge end setting. It's a great bit of kit the zappi and I've had very good support from myenergi.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom