• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

PID's for Torque Pro app

CDR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Does anyone know is there a compilation of MG ZS EV PID's for the Torque Pro app. It would be handy to have. I had it set up on the ioniq and it was very handy.

Thanks

Hi CDR,

Did you have any joy with this in the end? I'm looking to do the same thing.

Cheers.

Any ideas how to make use of this PID data for a Bluetooth obd2 with torque pro or any other app?

I can connect to the OBD2 but it can't connect to the ECU.

It would be handy, I used Torque Pro to check and find out which HV battery cells are low to repair/replace on SWMBO's old 2006 Prius.

Just found this page which might be helpful? I might have a crack at this some time, unless somebody has already done it?

I've never worked with Torque or OBD-II PIDs previously so it took a bit of fiddling but I've now got a set of PIDs for Torque Pro which work with my MG ZS EV saved at:

This would not have been possible without the excellent reverse engineering work done by the OVMS community.

Last edited:
I've never worked with Torque or OBD-II PIDs previously so it took a bit of fiddling but I've now got a set of PIDs for Torque Pro which work with my MG ZS EV saved at:

This would not have been possible without the excellent reverse engineering work done by the OVMS community.
Wow, thats great work. Are these available as a download file?

Great work! Just uploaded those extended PIDs of yours to Torque Pro and most seem to work. However, when you try to create Virtual PIDs that add or subtract two of your extended PIDs I've discovered they don't work because the equation editor doesn't like your filenames with the leading dots. I wanted to subtract the Cell Min Volts from the Cell Max Volts value to show the Balance Error, I got it to work after creating two new PIDs with simple filenames eg ezs_cellmaxv

Great work! Just uploaded those extended PIDs of yours to Torque Pro and most seem to work. However, when you try to create Virtual PIDs that add or subtract two of your extended PIDs I've discovered they don't work because the equation editor doesn't like your filenames with the leading dots. I wanted to subtract the Cell Min Volts from the Cell Max Volts value to show the Balance Error, I got it to work after creating two new PIDs with simple filenames eg ezs_cellmaxv
Hi @Vince31
In-fact the file you've used is a historical one that I received part-way through development from the Thai ZS EV user group. My PID list is called "MG ZS EV.csv" (as you can see in the instructions) and it does not have any leading dots. It also already contains a Virtual PID called "MG BMS Voltage Delta" which should give you the info you are looking for :)

How similar would the PID file be, for the MG5?

Strange, but PID means something totally different for me. I used to work in the control & instrumentation business, for whom PID means Proportional, Integration and Derivative control (A PID Controller is something like a thermostat but usually gives a variable output to ramp a heater, pump or whatever up and down, instead of a simple on/off switch like in your central heating thermostat. It's also able to cope with the rate at which temperature is closing in on the set value [differential] and the length of time it's been different from the set value [integral], as well as the simple thermostat-like difference between set point and measured value [proportional]).

For those who understood those things (I never really did) it was simple. For us mere mortals it was akin to Black Magick or similar dark arts.

Even more confusingly, people in the control and instrumentation industry also talked about "P&ID's" - Piping and Instrumentation Drawings. (I did "get" them though 😁).

Funny old world, innit?

nice one, thanks :)

As an FYI the folder for storing the PID CSV file is hidden in Android. I used the My Files app with show hidden files checked and searched for "torque". It displayed the "extendedpids" folder and copied in the ZS.CSV file. Did the same to finrd thr folder for Dashboard and added the Dashboard examples. Connected to the car with my OBD dongle and it pulled the data without any issues. Not sure if I am looking in the wrong place, but don't see any info in the Dashboard for Battery Temp.

nice one, thanks :)

Thanks for the work you have done on this as well much appreciated. I have posted in another thread (Torque Pro) and have found that if you want to display the same temp as the car does then you need to select "22bb05" row 25 in your PID list. if I use Ambient Temperature (22e01b) row 29 it displays no value. I have also created a "Cell Variance" virtual PID as @Vince31 did. For anyone who is interested here is the Equation I used. Note my "Long Names" are slightly different to yours.

Cell Variance Calc.jpg

Torque Dashboard

Cell Variance 1.JPG

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom