Please service the refuelling system - message

YorkieHS

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
We've had our HS PHEV for over a year and today, after refuelling, it decided to warn us with the red message "Please service the refuelling system" ... and the manual has little to add.

We'd done the fuel system depressurisation button/wait as normal, refuelled as normal but on completion of refuelling we now have this persistent message.

Another couple of cycles of depressurise (by waiting because the button is now inactive)/open lid/unscrew cap/screw down cap one click/ close lid have failed to make difference.

I'll call the dealer on Monday but my wife was going to use the car tomorrow morning and is now apprehensive of driving it. I suspect it's a false alarm and just throwing a wobbly but the message is apparently here to stay so we'll have to do something.

Has anyone else had this or any thoughts on the likely cause / solution?

TIA

It happened to me over Xmas when I was drying the car after a wash and I popped open the fuel flap to wipe the inside. The error came up after and it wouldn’t go away. The fuel tank wouldn’t pressurised and I can open the fuel flap and turn the fuel cap open whenever I liked even when the car was locked. Dealer said the actuator was faulty and fitted a replacement and now all is good again.

Attachments

• 61B3F11B-4A45-467E-8ADA-BA42FEEE5310.jpeg
    61B3F11B-4A45-467E-8ADA-BA42FEEE5310.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 248
Thanks Jto - it was serviced in December and it was its first service and only 4k miles so I guess the fuel filter probably didn't get involved.

sky0000547 - thanks for sharing - I'll take that info to the Dealer. Did they replace the actuator under warranty?

Just for info in case useful to anyone...

We ended up getting the work done locally rather than going back to MG under warranty.
The part took 2 months to arrive to an independent and cost £35 + labour.

Our message was in red; rather than the amber pictured above. The car drove fine but the message obscured other information under it.

Good to get it sorted. Looks like it might be an issue that crops up more and might recur unless MG have improved the part.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom