Pod-point beta testing

Paul225

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
So much for the Pod-Point beta app testing - rang today and despite Friday being told I would be contacted - today they tell me they have closed the beta testing to a limited few but will be rolling it out very very soon - watch announcements on social media she said - rather disappointing !!

Really? What an anticlimax 😕

I wonder how many beta testers they got? I bet there was no shortage - owners crying out for an update to try and save some money and convenience 😕

Yes I have complained about the range of my car during the past 5 months and MG have called it in on Thursday this week for a battery test - I will report back once I get some answers - 122 miles max earlier last week but 177 this morning after charge but out of the drive - 10 years - it dropped to 157 !!!

Have many of you tried the app yet? I notice that although the timed charging bit works fine, the end time on the stats tab is only when it's been unplugged, although it stops charging the car at the end time set, so it does work, it just displays the wrong end time on the stats tab.

Have many of you tried the app yet? I notice that although the timed charging bit works fine, the end time on the stats tab is only when it's been unplugged, although it stops charging the car at the end time set, so it does work, it just displays the wrong end time on the stats tab.
Are you using Android version?

Yeah android phone, the app for the beta test, it seems to work ok with the timed charging bit.

Seems to work ok - only tried it overnight midnight 0000 to 0500 - got a bit confused when midnight was - was it the day before or on the day I wanted to the charge to stop - it is on the day of stopping the charge ha ha !!

I’m using the beta app on ios now. Will update with my thoughts.

Quick update. It worked fine today. Ongoing testing. I’ll share my testing notes if anyone wants them?

Had to wait a couple of days for Google Play to update the beta app to the latest version (was a hitch affecting quite a few testers apparently). Tried 1st timed charge on Eco7 last night and seems to have worked fine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom