Pod point charge timer

So, the scheduled charge between 12.30-4.30am worked and, having just checked, the wallbox is still showing a solid green light so my next scheduled charge of 12.30-4.30am tomorrow morning should, also, work. :)

However (there's always a 'but'!), when I've checked my app, it shows my charge but not on Friday (it was set on Friday for 12.30-4.30am), but on Thursday! :unsure: Weird!!! My charge between 11.00pm to 12.15am on Thursday obviously has 'connected' somehow.

At any rate, as long as the scheduled charge works everyday between 12.30 to 4.30am, I can live with it if it's showing the charging as the day before! 😁

Cheers

Bloggsy

The stats on my PP app do the same and add to the wrong day when an overnight charge happens. I’ve dropped PP a line and let them know. It does seem like it’s working as far as charging is concerned though!

Just tried my first timed charge with our podpoint, this morning when I finished my shift, as I only got my charge cable other day.

Set 2 timed instances this morning
Both worked without issue.

Will try the over night tonight and see what happens with the logging and start/stop etc

Just tried my first timed charge with our podpoint, this morning when I finished my shift, as I only got my charge cable other day.

Set 2 timed instances this morning
Both worked without issue.

Will try the over night tonight and see what happens with the logging and start/stop etc

Thanks Jester. Could you also look at the light on your wallbox before and after your charge please? I'm fairly certain but if the lights shows green (not flashing) your next scheduled charge should work.

The instructions say it should show a yellow light but I've never seen it! :unsure:

Also, Cocijo has discovered that the Pod Point app will show a charge that was scheduled to start just after a midnight, on the day before but at least the scheduling works! 😁

Cheers

Bloggsy

My scheduled charge of 12.30 - 4.30am this morning has worked again, so it's charging during my schedule with no issues but, after my last charge during this time showed it charging the day before on the app, this time the app showed it charging today! :rolleyes: :unsure:

I've given up trying to understand it all! 😂 I'm just relieved and satisfied it's charging when I want it to and not stress about it!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Me too! As long as it’s working. My best guess is podpoint updated their wallboxes on the sly... they can do this without ant notification.

Finally switched to octopus 🐙 Go and did a proper overnight charge last night.

Set for 00:30-04:30

Charge started at 00:33

The app showed the next scheduled charge for 00:30 on Saturday before it started.

But after it had started in the app it says Charge session started yesterday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also the last charge doesn't actually show as ending until the car is unplugged which today was 11:22

The charge completed without issue, my car was pretty high on charge anyway and this was more of a test charge.
I am assuming it charged before 04:30 and balanced until 04:30, can't see my output yet from octopus but will check once it's up to view.

So with this in mind I wonder if the charge session is using the date the cable is plugged in rathe than the actual start time

Who knows ......
At least it seems to be doing it's thing now

Finally switched to octopus 🐙 Go and did a proper overnight charge last night.

Set for 00:30-04:30

Charge started at 00:33

The app showed the next scheduled charge for 00:30 on Saturday before it started.

But after it had started in the app it says Charge session started yesterday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also the last charge doesn't actually show as ending until the car is unplugged which today was 11:22

The charge completed without issue, my car was pretty high on charge anyway and this was more of a test charge.
I am assuming it charged before 04:30 and balanced until 04:30, can't see my output yet from octopus but will check once it's up to view.

So with this in mind I wonder if the charge session is using the date the cable is plugged in rathe than the actual start time

Who knows ......
At least it seems to be doing it's thing now
Yeah - Cocijo and I have been discussing the issues with PP and how the app sometimes puts the charge on the day before (as you will have read!) and I've also discovered that the app says the car's been charging for 9 hours even though I had specified the 4 off peak hours. :unsure:

However, as you say, as long as it's working!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom