Podpoint scheduled timer

Yu1234

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just to let anyone who has a podpoint home charger, you can now update the app to include the scheduled timer facility that was in beta stage for a while. I for one, am very happy this is finally available as the Zs Ev doesn't have timed charging facility built-in to the vehicle

That’s interesting- I’m still beta testing the changes and have not seen that the app is now out of beta. I’m using ios and It doesn’t show on the Apple app store does it?

I’ve found it! Beta testers are always the last to know! Thanks for the update.

Just had a quick try and it works! :cool:(y)😁

I was charging after my trip and after updating the Pod Point app, I've found it's got a new bit called 'Home' where I can manage scheduled charging.

I set a start time (4pm) and an end time (4.15pm) and 'saved' it.

After 5 mins, the charger stopped charging and at 4.03pm, my Pod Point started charging - yeayy!

I'm going to presume it'll stop charging at 4.15pm but even if it doesn't, it'll stop when my car is fully charged. It is also worthy of note, that the app does say it'll take up to 5 mins for the timer to activate but it seems to be working.

I'm conscious that there's a length of time (I can't remember how long) if the car sleeps, it may not wake up to charge so, once I've finished charging on this session I'll set another session for just after midnight and check it tomorrow.

Just in time for me to switch suppliers to Octopus! :love:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Just for everyone's info (if you're interested), I've went out to have a look at my Pod Point and it shows a solid green light (it's charging the car) but the car's dash shows it is connected but not charging. However, just to add to the mix, my home power monitor has shown a slight increase (between 50-100W).

I'm aware that there may be a trickle charge up until the time to deliver the 'main' charge, so I'm guessing that's what it's doing.

I've had to go out but I've now connected the car with just over 6 hours to go until the timed charge so I'll let you know tomorrow how it went - fingers and toes crossed! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

So, I checked my power usage monitor at 12.15am and.....nothing!

I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but I checked the app and it was saying my next scheduled charge was on Thursday at 4pm (yesterday - the first timed charge I put into the app), so I clicked the button to make it 'inactive' and at 12.18am, the monitor and it showed 650W, then 2.3Kw and finally, 7.2Kw!

Woo hoo! - a fully charged car in the morning! 😁

Cheers

Bloggsy

So, I checked my power usage monitor at 12.15am and.....nothing!

I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but I checked the app and it was saying my next scheduled charge was on Thursday at 4pm (yesterday - the first timed charge I put into the app), so I clicked the button to make it 'inactive' and at 12.18am, the monitor and it showed 650W, then 2.3Kw and finally, 7.2Kw!

Woo hoo! - a fully charged car in the morning! 😁

Cheers

Bloggsy
you need to make sure that each day is set as you want it and saved. I set my charge 00.30-04.30 for each day. I found the app can get in a muddle if you have multiple charges in one 24hr cycle - which might have happened for you. Glad it works for you though!

Can you override and force a full charge for those times when you'll need all the electrons you can get?

I think so - the app has a bit to 'activate' the charge so if you de-activate the charge, the charger will charge immediately and end when either unplugged or the car is 'full'. Obviously, if you want to make the most of any off-peak charges, you can also put the 'end time' of the charge to several hours later (i.e. charging from 12.30am to 12.30pm to give you 12 hours of charging).

That would give time for a full charge and a bit of 'balancing'.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom