Poor visibility - reverse camera

Sparci

Standard Member
Reaction score
Over the last few months I've noticed the quality of the video linked with the reverse camera on my ZS EV has become worse. It's very light and I can't seem to find any settings to adjust the contrast and / or brightness. It's also looks a bit blurred / out of focus. I have tried to clean the actual camera (external cover) but this doesn't seem to work.

Welcome any thoughts

Thanks

Funny that, mine seems to have improved over time. I thought it was a bit washed out compared to my old Prius, but now it seems to be fine. The only thing I've done since I got it is update the navigation system twice, whether that did anything to the display I don't know.

Funny that, mine seems to have improved over time. I thought it was a bit washed out compared to my old Prius, but now it seems to be fine. The only thing I've done since I got it is update the navigation system twice, whether that did anything to the display I don't know.
Kithmo
How do you update the sat nav , explain slowly cos I am from Wesy Yorkhire?

Kithmo
How do you update the sat nav , explain slowly cos I am from Wesy Yorkhire?
Do a search in the forums, copy and paste the following in the search box and scroll down the list. ;)

How to update your MG ZS EV media system​

It's fairly straightforward once you've downloaded Naviextras, created an account and put your car/nav details in, you go to update in the car's settings menu, press ok and create a fingerprint of the cars nav version on a USB stick. Then you go back to naviextras and when you insert your USB, it tells you what free updates are available, you download them (or it) on to your USB stick, go back to the car and the update menu and upload the updates.

Be careful with the satnav update, it has bricked some cars, min included :( Have you tried resetting the infotainment system? Press and hold the physical button below screen for about 5 seconds. There's also anther reset you can do by dropping out the glove box and disconnecting/reconnecting some wires behind that (post back if you need details, or have a search on here, there's at least one post with pics).

Over the last few months I've noticed the quality of the video linked with the reverse camera on my ZS EV has become worse. It's very light and I can't seem to find any settings to adjust the contrast and / or brightness. It's also looks a bit blurred / out of focus. I have tried to clean the actual camera (external cover) but this doesn't seem to work.

Welcome any thoughts

Thanks
Mine has done exactly the same, and I can’t see any settings either ?

Do a search in the forums, copy and paste the following in the search box and scroll down the list. ;)

How to update your MG ZS EV media system​

It's fairly straightforward once you've downloaded Naviextras, created an account and put your car/nav details in, you go to update in the car's settings menu, press ok and create a fingerprint of the cars nav version on a USB stick. Then you go back to naviextras and when you insert your USB, it tells you what free updates are available, you download them (or it) on to your USB stick, go back to the car and the update menu and upload the updates.
Where do it put the usb in the car … is this for the old version or just the 2022 update with new hardware screen

Where do it put the usb in the car … is this for the old version or just the 2022 update with new hardware screen
This was for the 2020 ZS.
I wouldn't think it was the same for the 2022 as it's a totally different system.
I wonder who does the updates for the new model or if it's done automatically OTA ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom