Possibly new glitch

KernowTrophy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Car recently returned from a dealer who worked on it for 4 days clearing some minor niggles (LKA trying to kill, Emergency braking unexpectedly and not in an emergency, Infotainment screen blacking out, ecall assist has never worked since day 1, and bluetooth losing connection).

Fingers crossed on stopping LKA from trying to kill me, time will tell, it's AI, and is biding it's time, I'm sure... - in all serious though, a bout of minor illness has limited the driving, so time WILL tell.

eCall, still not working - so that's going to be another attempt through the dealer.

Infotainment screen, still glitching - open to suggestions from the hive mind on this one, it's "fixed" by hitting the home key, which is a minor niggle - as you can see, screen IS still operational, just none of the info panels are visible. Can't recall hitting a setting to make this useless "feature" happen.

20240113_092005.jpg

Firmware on my Trophy Phase 1 has been updated to R46, which is pretty much the same, but has a "modern" AC display - so cartoonish, and "fine" - I use the joystick on RH star button anyway.

Anyone else had this issue on your infotainment screen? I was originally on R33, so FW update has not changed experience on this... it's probably toned down LKA and probably fixed BT though :)

Have rebooted multiple times, since it started happening, to see if that would resolve, indeed.

For this glitch, just tapping the home, brings the display active again, it's almost like a screensaver, but not one that apparently has a setting anywhere, and vehicle can power on in this state, or just "happen" on route somewhere. It's nothing more than an irritation - but like all of our irritations, not something that is excellent on a 36K car.

Is your screen set to light/dark/auto? Try changing that and see what happens.

Mine is set to light and sometimes goes to full brilliance even though I have set it very low.

Mine had a habit of doing that and it seemed to be linked to the auto lights turned themselves off and on during start-up so the screen didn't know weather to be in light or dark mode. Putting it in dark mode instead of auto stopped it happening.

I suppose another way to force the systems to reset would be to disconnect the 12V battery for an hour or so and see what happens when everything reboots.

Car recently returned from a dealer who worked on it for 4 days clearing some minor niggles (LKA trying to kill, Emergency braking unexpectedly and not in an emergency, Infotainment screen blacking out, ecall assist has never worked since day 1, and bluetooth losing connection).

Fingers crossed on stopping LKA from trying to kill me, time will tell, it's AI, and is biding it's time, I'm sure... - in all serious though, a bout of minor illness has limited the driving, so time WILL tell.

eCall, still not working - so that's going to be another attempt through the dealer.

Infotainment screen, still glitching - open to suggestions from the hive mind on this one, it's "fixed" by hitting the home key, which is a minor niggle - as you can see, screen IS still operational, just none of the info panels are visible. Can't recall hitting a setting to make this useless "feature" happen.

View attachment 23122

Firmware on my Trophy Phase 1 has been updated to R46, which is pretty much the same, but has a "modern" AC display - so cartoonish, and "fine" - I use the joystick on RH star button anyway.

Anyone else had this issue on your infotainment screen? I was originally on R33, so FW update has not changed experience on this... it's probably toned down LKA and probably fixed BT though :)
Interesting that dealer mechanics might have to transition to IT...🤓

View attachment 23122

I have the same problem with the screen blanking out, except the top and right hand side. Trophy with R46 (from memory).

I have the same problem with the screen blanking out, except the top and right hand side. Trophy with R46 (from memory).
The advice to switch screen from auto to dark mode has apparently worked on mine... guessing light mode would also work, but that's way harder on the eyes at night... looks like the auto function messes the display.

View attachment 23122

Yes, I think I've very similar issues to you, especially the LKA wanting to claim my life insurance!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back