MG4 Powering down if you wish to remain seated in the car.

that was puzzling me wondering if you could shut it down. Curiosity got the better of me & I’ve just been outside in the dark & tested it and it works! - keeps the radio on which is useful. Many thanks for posting👍

that was puzzling me wondering if you could shut it down. Curiosity got the better of me & I’ve just been outside in the dark & tested it and it works! - keeps the radio on which is useful. Many thanks for posting👍
You’re welcome! There are definitely times when this will come in handy.

There’s one problem with this and that is after you have switch off as shown above and your sat there reading or watching a video playing music or radio if after a few minutes you decide to shift you position and move on the seat the car might/will switch on again especially if you lift you weight off the seat and then you need to do it all over again same every time you move it is a pain in the butt.
Please can we have an on off button back this seat switch is useless IMHO.
Les

There’s one problem with this and that is after you have switch off as shown above and your sat there reading or watching a video playing music or radio if after a few minutes you decide to shift you position and move on the seat the car might/will switch on again especially if you lift you weight off the seat and then you need to do it all over again same every time you move it is a pain in the butt.
Les
Yeah, in certain situations Les, simple is best and you can’t get more simple than an on/off button operated by your hand rather than your backside.

Is that the same as the existing one in hints and tips? Powering down if you want to sit in the car? Check and if so you can ask Alb to move this one there
Sorry I don't know 🤷‍♂️.
Just spotted this recent video upload and thought it maybe useful to some MG4 owners.
Hey - What do I know as I am a ZS EV LR driver 🤣.

Les
Yes and related to this. The other day I was sitting in a car park waiting for my daughter so I powered it down and continued listening to a podcast.

When she finally arrived everything was switched off so not even the lock/unlock button would work. To wake everything up I had to lift my arse off the driver seat then sit down again and suddenly everything woke up! Is a different way of making things work, I’ll give it that!

In most situations, It’s a waste of time and pointless powering off the car. Just leave it on - it uses minimal HV battery and you can run all of the cars functions as you need to without worrying.

The ideal way would be to have a simple way of telling the car that you intend to sit in it and there is no need to keep the head lamps on. A simple way would be, for example, to double press the P button. I hope MG thinks of such a simple solution and implements it in the next update.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back