Pre delivery checks / requests?

SKA

Established Member
Reaction score
With a bit of luck I shall be picking up the trophy SR next week. I remember someone suggested to ensure it has the latest updates or something, is that something I should mention to the dealer and request? And is there anything else I need to aware of before taking delivery?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Maybe this doesn't really fall into the usual delivery checking, but before you drive away I'd test you can successfully bind your phone to the car if you plan on using the app. It's caused some issues for people.
I recommend that you download the I-Smart App a couple of days before you collect your car.
Then register the App using your personal details ( phone number / e.mail address etc).
This may take a few attempts to get it to work.
Mine went straight through with no problems.
When complete, it will ask you if you wish to “Bind” to the car NOW or LATTER.
Select LATTER of course.
On collection day, pair your phone to the car first via blue tooth.
Then scroll through the menu until you locate the section for “Binding” click on this and it will open a I-Smart “Q” code on the info screen.
Use the camera on your phone to capture the “Q” code.
The phone will then display the features on the screen.
Your Done !

Thanks for the tip, just registering in the app now.

Not having any joy with getting a verification text to my mobile number, presumably you don’t need to put a zero at the start of your number i.e select +44 for the UK then 7xxxx

Thanks for the tip, just registering in the app now.

Not having any joy with getting a verification text to my mobile number, presumably you don’t need to put a zero at the start of your number i.e select +44 for the UK then 7xxxx
Correct - Drop the zero then enter your mobile number straight into the field box, behind the +44.
I think they do this, so you can link to the car when outside of the UK.
I put in the number and moved to the next section, where you enter your e.mail address etc.
Then suddenly a SMS message flashed up with a "Compliance" six digit code to enter.
I had to get a bit of a move on, imputing the rest of my details before the session times out !.
Had 8 seconds left before I completed it !.
A lot of members have said they had no joy when using the phone number to register their account, but mine went straight through !.

Maybe this doesn't really fall into the usual delivery checking, but before you drive away I'd test you can successfully bind your phone to the car if you plan on using the app. It's caused some issues for people.
OMG I just tried it isn't this the most clunky horrific app I have ever seen. Why are they using their own keyboard?

I recommend that you download the I-Smart App a couple of days before you collect your car.
Then register the App using your personal details ( phone number / e.mail address etc).
This may take a few attempts to get it to work.
Mine went straight through with no problems.
When complete, it will ask you if you wish to “Bind” to the car NOW or LATTER.
Select LATTER of course.
On collection day, pair your phone to the car first via blue tooth.
Then scroll through the menu until you locate the section for “Binding” click on this and it will open a I-Smart “Q” code on the info screen.
Use the camera on your phone to capture the “Q” code.
The phone will then display the features on the screen.
Your Done !
The QR code is in a different place on the not connect version. Took me ages to find it but this forum helped a lot. Agreed it does take several attempts to register the app...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom