Pre-facelift headlamp deflectors for France

Reaction score
Driving
I'm taking my pre-facelift MG5 to France next month and I know that I can crank the headlamps as low as possible to avoid dazzle but, that's not legal in France and I will be fully loaded with 4 adults, a toddler and our luggage......

1. Am I correct in thinking that there are no specific headlamp deflectors for this car?

2. Does anyone know of, or have, a template for masking the beam for driving on the right?

3. Has anyone used any deflectors successfully and, if so, which ones???

This has been discussed before, using the search button for you brings this up.

see posts 1 and 12, the catalog has been updated for the MG5.

I did several searches and scrolled through 30+ threads before posting and the thread that you refer to didn't appear. After posting I did a Google search and this thread appeared. Clearly, Google rules!

Probably not found because the author of the other thread incorrectly described them as "Beam Reflectors". It illustrates that using the correct words and spelling matters if you want others to find your work :)

Probably not found because the author of the other thread incorrectly described them as "Beam Reflectors". It illustrates that using the correct words and spelling matters if you want others to find your work :)
Maybe the search function is smarter than we thought :) 5th result. (Search was restricted to the MG5 forum).

1693048631349.png

Thank for proving my point! The first result is this thread and the rest are irrelevant to my question.
Not sure how it proves your point, as the fifth thread, which is the one I directed you to earlier in post#2, tells you that Halfords has them, that the catalog has been updated since the thread was first posted to include MG5 and it is no. 114 that you need along with a diagram on how/where to fit them. 🤷‍♂️

You need a circular ones. Put your lights on and crouch down where the beam shines in oncoming drivers eyes. Stick the patch over the light blocking it. For me it was just right of the buld by one diameter.

Amazon product ASIN B001P5SPJW
This one has instructions for the MG5

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom