Pre-facelift HS - common problems

sn0112

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi everyone,

I have ordered a 23 plate HS PHEV, but not taken delivery.

When reading other threads here I came across problems such as reversing on hill starts, radar issues etc.

Please can anyone advise on common problems, particularly safety related, and if they were fixed in the facelift models.

I am considering cancelling and going for a HS Trophy instead.

Hi
Just to point out its just a name that changes it is still the same car, also you only hear bad thing on here so it’s a few cars out of thousands sold.

My one is a 21 so the older car and like the thing you see on here small drops at so speeds which is the gearbox changing which I have got use too. Roll back hill starts is a new one on me, radar is owner not understanding the system I think.

Hi
Just to point out its just a name that changes it is still the same car, also you only hear bad thing on here so it’s a few cars out of thousands sold.

My one is a 21 so the older car and like the thing you see on here small drops at so speeds which is the gearbox changing which I have got use too. Roll back hill starts is a new one on me, radar is owner not understanding the system I think.
Hi,

I know about the DAB radio issue, which is not ideal, but not a deal-breaker.

The gearbox speed drop around 50 is manageable if not on pure EV mode. I've also test driven a PHEV and seen that for myself.

My concerns are anything else safety related. I've read on this forum about reversing on hill starts, radar issues, emergency braking lights, pedestrian stop malfunctions, so wanted more details if possible.

I have had nothing that worries me, had all above but would call malfunction as there has been a reason for them, never had roll back on hill start can only say after a short time most cars in the past would roll back. If if you do not press the bright pedal hard enough, it will not engage the brakes and then you will get rollback.

The only annoyance is the flat spot at 80kmh when in pure EV mode . Otherwise it’s a fantastic car and great value for money . The 360 camera and sunroof are worth the extra money for the trophy spec.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom