Pricing to be believed?

I guess may come down to how much of the cars daily use comes down from within the infotainment system, but looks like both the connect and lite have a SIM card, I presumed, I think worngly, that the connect had a SIM and the lite did not.

I think all models must have a SIM so that you can talk to the car with the app - without a SIM it would rely on Bluetooth so would only have a range of a few metres.

That Trophy connect price is the same as a dealer told me a couple of weeks ago...
I suspect that the dealers had been advised likely prices, but weren't allowed to confirm (officially) until today.
Simon.

I think all models must have a SIM so that you can talk to the car with the app - without a SIM it would rely on Bluetooth so would only have a range of a few metres.
Another possibility is that it uses wifi for the app - as does my Outlander phev.

A sim would probably required for over the air traffic updates....and on the 'Connect' model you can bet your sweet life that some of the streaming functions will require a subscription to continue beyond a free initial period.

Messaged Luscombe and this is their answer.

Prices on their site are MRRPs after grant reduction.

Specs are what they believe will be based on information they have but is not 100% confirmed as accurate for UK - should be confirmed later today.

Should be available to order later today and they have an alert set up so they can get straight in when it opens up.

So only prices confirmed at this time.

£30k or thereabouts for a MG after grant? That's steep. They may well have slowing sales now.

£30k or thereabouts for a MG after grant? That's steep. They may well have slowing sales now.

£2.5k increase when comparing existing Exclusive to the new Trophy. For that money, the car has over 100 miles more range, LED lights, bigger/better infotainment and an app. It also has 360 parking.

I think when compared to anything else on the market for size/range/features it still represents good value.

Other SUV EVs on the market are still more expensive.

Anything around £30k only has a range of about 150 miles.

Enyaq iV 60 has 200 mile range but much lower spec at £32k ish Enyaq iV 80 260 range £39k ish

First one on ev-database with 275 range is Nissan Ariya 87kWh at £45k ish

Not sure you can compare MG ZS EV LR with just other 275 range cars.
Enyaq 60 is quoted as 205 real range on EV-Database but WLTP is 256.
I suspect the ZS LR with WLTP of 273 will be more like 215-220 real world range.
May still be not much competition....

Yes agree, just not as cheap as before, but still gvfm. There's a difference between being cheap and being good value for money, with gvfm being more subjective to the users requirements. If they don't think this is gvfm then maybe the short range will be better vfm for them.
I notice the short range has more motor power, but same torque and top speed / acceleration.

Not sure you can compare MG ZS EV LR with just other 275 range cars.
Enyaq 60 is quoted as 205 real range on EV-Database but WLTP is 256.
I suspect the ZS LR with WLTP of 273 will be more like 215-220 real world range.
May still be not much competition....
WLTP is the only fixed comparison we have. All EVs have lower real world ranges (other than round town in summer figures)

The SE is the model with cloth seats rear camera etc - the Trophy is the model with leatherette seats 360degree cameras etc - both long range.

Comparing the prices to the ones quoted at Bristol St Motors, the Luscombe one look like after grant has been applied.

Guess we will know for sure when MG get round to releasing prices and spec.
Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom