Problem using the Speed Limiter

Nickel

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

I have a 2022 ZSEV Trophy LR I have never used the Speed Limiter. However a run-in with a gentleman in uniform carrying a speed gun and the introduction of the widespread 20mph limit here in Wales has caused me to investigate.

So, I enabled the Speed Limiter in the menu system, then found out how to set it using the stalk also used for the Adaptive Cruise Control. All fine. However, the Limiter apparently resets when the car is switched off, and is OFF when you power back up. This is a pain in the proverbial, to put it mildly, as re-enabling it is three or four layers down in the infotainment menu system.

Is there any way to make the Speed Limiter state "sticky" or to enable it from the dashboard controls that I've missed?
i
Thanks for any help.

@gus - Thanks. I had a feeling that was the case. Blast..

@Gadget Geek - You're right obviously. But it's not quite the same functionality and I have to admit to a certain reluctance to using ACC in urban traffic. There's no chance my wife will! There's not been a problem, but there've been a few instances where we started to wonder if we're stopping! I may not even have used it that way since we've had the LR car.

@Tim Green - It's not quite that bad, although I'm absolutely no fan of the new limit. The real trouble is that the signage, where it exists, is a mess, in some places there's no signage because what has happened is the default limit has changed, and, perhaps worse of all, we're having to unlearn limits on roads we've drive over for decades. It's not intuitive anymore, and I'm spending a disturbing amount of my attention on checking my speed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom