problems Binding App

Exiledinwales

Novice Member
Reaction score
Looking for help please. I purchased the demo model MGSV EV Trophy from dealer. It would appear that some clown who took a test drive bound a phone to the car, so now i cannot bind my phone. They appear either unwilling or unable to find out who did this , and have suggested a factory reset.

Any alternative suggestions ?

The factory reset does nothing to unbind the car, the link is between the phone and the server. My dealer, who are not terribly helpful, gave me a number to ring at MG, which I did, and they told me to go back to the dealer and raise a technical case, which I have no asked the dealer to do. God help anyone who loses a phone or changes phone without the unbind having taken place, otherwise you are totally screwed

Upvote 0
The factory reset does nothing to unbind the car, the link is between the phone and the server. My dealer, who are not terribly helpful, gave me a number to ring at MG, which I did, and they told me to go back to the dealer and raise a technical case, which I have no asked the dealer to do. God help anyone who loses a phone or changes phone without the unbind having taken place, otherwise you are totally screwed
Yup common sense gone out the window and it's Stupid

Upvote 0
It would be a good idea to take your phone on the day you collect the car and set up the app during the handover and make sure it works before you drive off. Especially so if you're buying an ex-demo. I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Upvote 0
I would like to think it's the account and not the phone but I do think you right starting to think it's a bit crappy

Upvote 0
The same applies to the MyPeugeot App, it can only be used on one mobile device, not ideal for a couple using the car.... But the phone(app) can be unbound from the car in the user account space on the main Peugeot website. Here you can add and remove services like satnav subscription, speed camera subscription and see service history etc.

Is there such a thing as a user account space on the main MG website?

Upvote 0
The same applies to the MyPeugeot App, it can only be used on one mobile device, not ideal for a couple using the car.... But the phone(app) can be unbound from the car in the user account space on the main Peugeot website.

Is there such a thing as a user account space on the main MG website?
Unfortunately not. No user account space. Worth giving MG call centre a call to check how to resolve this issue but I wont be surprised if they ask to go back to the dealership.

Upvote 0
That's a bit unusual in this day and age with almost everything being done with an online account.

When I pass on the pug, when the Trophy LR arrives, all need to do is log into the pug account and cancel all subscriptions and deregister the phone. With the MG it seems this could be problematic when it comes to changing the car?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom