Problems with Infotainment system

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone else have their units (in a mk2 ZS EV) just change input or pause the radio or the bluetooth media whenever it damn well feels like?

Yup, if I'm parked up and pick up the phone and unlock it, the car switches to BT music. A pain in the proverbial.

Anyone else have their units (in a mk2 ZS EV) just change input or pause the radio or the bluetooth media whenever it damn well feels like?
Exactly the same for me, and it's incredibly annoying! The infotainment system is very glitchy. The touch control is not responsive a lot of the time, which is challenging when driving. And it frustrates me that there are no station buttons for the radio. Having to go to HOME, swipe left for radio selector, then choose station list or favourites, and then still have to choose the station you want, is utterly ridiculous - or am I being daft? Please tell me there is an easier way.

Exactly the same for me, and it's incredibly annoying! The infotainment system is very glitchy. The touch control is not responsive a lot of the time, which is challenging when driving. And it frustrates me that there are no station buttons for the radio. Having to go to HOME, swipe left for radio selector, then choose station list or favourites, and then still have to choose the station you want, is utterly ridiculous - or am I being daft? Please tell me there is an easier way.
Just use Source button on steering wheel to jump between BT, Radio and USB, when using radio just use arrow buttons next to source to scan through stations.

Problems I had:
  • Voice assistant randomly picks up on discussions or even my gps (I disabled that feature now)
  • Clicking the play button when on bluetooth doesn't start playing audio
  • Bluetooth mic is inconsistent during calls

Me too , had it since picking the car up last March mine also doesnt always show the heater controls on the screen occasionally and sometimes selecting reverse doesn't activate the camers. I have booked mine in next week will keep you updated

An update on this.

I have changed from android to iOS.

The issues that I mentioned have since ceased to exist... My conclusion...

Android Auto is still not a finished product. Apple CarPlay is superior.

I am still getting some issues, have had the problem with the reversing camera sometimes not activating when I engage reverse, blind spot indicators sometimes light up constantly on both sides until vehicle is turned off and back on again.

Car is going in tonight to be sorted tomorrow, that is for updates and the dreaded steering UJ replacement, and an irritating screaching noise coming from the brakes when braking while reversing, there is a clunking sound under reverse braking too

Be interesting to hear what they do regarding the infotainment system if they can't do anything it's pointless wasting my time taking it in next week.

An update on this.

I have changed from android to iOS.

The issues that I mentioned have since ceased to exist... My conclusion...

Android Auto is still not a finished product. Apple CarPlay is superior.

I am still getting some issues, have had the problem with the reversing camera sometimes not activating when I engage reverse, blind spot indicators sometimes light up constantly on both sides until vehicle is turned off and back on again.

Car is going in tonight to be sorted tomorrow, that is for updates and the dreaded steering UJ replacement, and an irritating screaching noise coming from the brakes when braking while reversing, there is a clunking sound under reverse braking too
Did they manage to sort it out?

Did they manage to sort it out?
They reset literally everything that could be reset on the system and touch wood I haven't had any issue with the blind spot indicators or the reverse camera... I have a couple of long distance journeys coming up so time will tell I guess.

Spotted a new glitch yesterday, while sitting in the car in READY mode and the heater on.
Went to turn down the temperature and noticed that both the temperature readout and the fan speed was blanked out ?.
Had to reboot the info unit and they both strangely reappeared 👍.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom