Projected Range

SDP79

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just finished an over night charge to 100% on my MG5LR. Projected range is shown as 207 miles - not very good. But the weather has been cold and my trip economy has been around 2.6 miles/kWh. I am planning a relatively long journey today 160miles +. So I reset the overall economy computer. I then saw the projected range jump to 249 miles! This suggests that the range is linked to past performance. If there is no data then it resets to around 250 which is the advertised range. After todays trip I will see what economy I achieve and update. Bright sunny day around 11 degrees C.

My SR does the same thing. I suppose it is trying to help but it makes your range look poor. Wait until the summer your range may hit 300😁

Just returned from 155 mile round trip. Varying road conditions 70 - 30mph cruise control nearly all the time. Temperature fell to around 11 C. Two adults, a dog and some Xmas presents. Overall economy was 3.1 miles/kWh. Not bad I think. By my maths that is around 1.6p/mile (Octopus go 5p per kWh).

Just checked my accumulated data this morning, photo attached showing average across 1873 miles as 3.1 miles per KW hour. I drive the car exactly as I would have driven my ICE. I think my batteries are 52.5 KW hours fully charged so based on my average above, my max mileage from 100 to 0% would be 162 miles. I would never go below 10% so really looking at range of 146 miles tops at this time of year. I don’t have an EV tariff but my fixed deal is at 16 p per KW meaning my 146 miles cost £7.53 or £0.05 per mile. I am still over the moon with my car and it performance.

Attachments

• DCC216C8-AD80-4134-9665-DFFFD5D3A731.jpeg
    DCC216C8-AD80-4134-9665-DFFFD5D3A731.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 118
Just returned from 155 mile round trip. Varying road conditions 70 - 30mph cruise control nearly all the time. Temperature fell to around 11 C. Two adults, a dog and some Xmas presents. Overall economy was 3.1 miles/kWh. Not bad I think. By my maths that is around 1.6p/mile (Octopus go 5p per kWh).
Closer to 1.8p/mile. Don't forget charging losses (reckoned to be about 10% I believe) so for every 10KwH you pay for only 9KwH is stored in the battery, (in simplistic terms).

There's probably an adjustment to be made the other way as there are discussions over whether the energy regained from regen is taken into account in your miles/KwH figure. (I'm sure someone said it doesn't in trip, but does in accumulated, but don;t quote me on that!)

Closer to 1.8p/mile. Don't forget charging losses (reckoned to be about 10% I believe) so for every 10KwH you pay for only 9KwH is stored in the battery, (in simplistic terms).

There's probably an adjustment to be made the other way as there are discussions over whether the energy regained from regen is taken into account in your miles/KwH figure. (I'm sure someone said it doesn't in trip, but does in accumulated, but don;t quote me on that!)
That's fine thanks - I'll settle for 1.8p

That's fine thanks - I'll settle for 1.8p
Well, if you're feeling flush and can afford 2p per mile, might as well put it in Sport mode and floor it!

I constantly struggle with the ingrained need to get every last mile out of the old expensive fuels, compared to the fact that I couldn't break the bank on 'fuel' in this if I tried!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom