Protective film on Infotainment screen ?

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Silly question possibly but is there a protective film on the infotainment screen, a bit like you get with a new phone ?
Reason for asking is I have a little 'tag' at the top right corner, which I have been tempted to pull but haven't so far. (for some reason I always kept them on the phone as well for as long as I could !). I have now just noticed a little 'wrinkling' on a part of the screen which leads me to think it might have a film on.

Silly question possibly but is there a protective film on the infotainment screen, a bit like you get with a new phone ?
Reason for asking is I have a little 'tag' at the top right corner, which I have been tempted to pull but haven't so far. (for some reason I always kept them on the phone as well for as long as I could !). I have now just noticed a little 'wrinkling' on a part of the screen which leads me to think it might have a film on.
Yes it's a protective film!

I think the dealer took mine off, there was a greasy coating which I cleaned off with some spectacle cleaner.

If anyone else has removed their own, does it make much difference to the touch responsiveness. There has always been complaints about this, so just assumed mine was the same :)

If anyone else has removed their own, does it make much difference to the touch responsiveness. There has always been complaints about this, so just assumed mine was the same :)
Didn't notice any difference after removing film, left it on for 14 months then it started to curl its toes up!
Dealer left all the protective film on the inside of the car, so much for PDI.

I think the responsiveness issue is a function of processing power rather than the screen.

oooh, must check mine, it doesn't always pick up finger presses great....
Have noticed how it gets covered in finger print marks etc and when the light is at a bad angle on it it's hard to see it.

I think the responsiveness issue is a function of processing power rather than the screen.
Yes, this can be seen when you press "Agree" on the nav, it takes 2 seconds (after you touched it) to respond.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom