Puncture kit HS PHEV or spare tyre.

SusanT

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi All. I have a HS PHEV bought Feb 2022 in Sydney. Being a lady I was not comfortable with the puncture kit supplied with the car. I'm heading off shortly on a trip and so I bought a spare tyre for my piece of mind. Didn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere (Australia is a big place) with an unrepairable flat tyre. My questions are (the dealer where I bought the car and tyre did not tell me there was no jack!!) - as there is no jack supplied with the car which jack should I buy and are there attachment points under the car to anchor the jack if necessary? As you can see by these questions my local dealer is definitely no help, neither were MG. Have I just got a useless spare tyre in my garage???? Thanks

Any standard car jack will do as long as it is rated for the weight. The jacking points will be shown in the owner's manual. Best not to go for the cheap end of the market as quality can be questionable. Don't forget you need a wheel brace too :)

You can buy an electric powered car Jack as well, that maybe some help ?.
Also consider a wheel brace that you can extend also, as the standard factory wheel braces can be short and need a lot of effort to use them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom