Purchasing 22kw cable for MGZS

Valli

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I need to purchase a double ended cable for my MGZS EV so that I can plug into EV chargers that don’t provide the cables to plug into my car when I am travelling. I need to purchase a cable that has the plugs fitted on both ends from the dealership where I bought my car. They thought the 22kw one would be suitable if only used sparingly. Otherwise the 7kw. I am wondering if it is best to buy the 7kw or the 22kw that are commercially available. Can anyone advise me, please.

In the UK just a 7kW (32A single phase cable) is needed. If the Australian version supports 3 phase charging then go for the 22kW (32 A 3 phase) although the European 3 phase MG's only go to 11 kW. The 3 phase cable will be more expensive and bulky. So best to ensure that your car supports it and if the chargers you use will too.

The easiest way to tell what charger you have is to look at the pins on the car's (upper) connector.

If there are two pins missing, you have a single phase charger, and a 7kW (32A 1 phase) cable will do (unless you plan to use it for other EVs as well).

If you have all seven pins populated, your car has a three phase charger and I would recommend getting a 22kW (32A 3 phase) cable. While theoretically, you would only need a 11kW (16A 3 phase) cable to reach maximum speed on a 3 phase wallbox, that cable only reaches 3.6kW on a single phase wallbox. So it is better to have the bigger 22kW cable to get at least 7kW in that case.

I received a 22kW cable with my car and the bulkiness is not that bad.

I need to purchase a double ended cable for my MGZS EV so that I can plug into EV chargers that don’t provide the cables to plug into my car when I am travelling. I need to purchase a cable that has the plugs fitted on both ends from the dealership where I bought my car. They thought the 22kw one would be suitable if only used sparingly. Otherwise the 7kw. I am wondering if it is best to buy the 7kw or the 22kw that are commercially available. Can anyone advise me, please.
buy the 22kw cable the car will charge faster

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom