Question for MG Technician

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I thought I would ask the man who's in the know. My MG has very Random error all with the electrical systems.
Screens locking (black screen) up for about 20 minutes only radio working
Two pictures showing at the same time,one form main screen and one from reversing camera when reversing.
MG pilot refusing too set, till I stop the car,switch off, then back on.
Front camera blocked when driving a 50 for no reason several times this has happened (no rain, sun or snow)
These are just a very few of the faults that im getting at present about 15 random faults, would the new comfort 2 update possibly sort these, as a computer person for 25 years, I think it could be the gateway module messing around, does the comfort update have to be done on the whole system or just certain modules?
I have the car booked in for July and just want to have some knowledge so I'm not fobbed off by the dealer.
Glad to have someone who works and has technical knowledge of MG's on the forum

Thanks
Andrew

Hi
The sips programming is carried out on the Instrument cluster,
the Gateway module and the Body control module.
Then the FICM Colour radio module is done with an update on a USB stick.
I doubt comfort 2 would rectify this for you.

If I was given your vehicle to diagnose Id start by checking the battery terminals are tight, this can be missed on pdi and cause all sorts of random issues, then check the front radar is aligned in case some thing has knocked it out of alignment. Scan for codes with VDS2 and I'd check your modules are up to date with sips and if not I would have to contact MG technical for permission to update them under warranty.
Once done I would go into VDS2 to carry out front view camera calibration and Front radar calibration.
When all done i'd road test again to see if your vehicle is still having issues with the FICM.
Id do this on the understanding that your MG pilot cannot operate properly if the Front camera and Front radar are not calibrated properly.
If your having issues with your radio, disconnecting the Radio broadcast module for 2mins and reconnecting some times fixes that. its behind the glove box. directly ahead of the left side with two plugs, unplug both, wait and plug back in. One of them is a mini USB just for reference.

Thanks for the input, I will keep this in mind when talking with the dealer, I think this car is better than my old Nissan Leaf 30Kwh but these bugs are getting me down because they are so random, I now carry my old tomtom sat nav around with me because of the Screen locking up, can't wait 20 minutes parked up, for it to start working again.
When I use the MG pilot its great especially when traveling in the morning to work, when the cars in front constantly speeding up and slowing down, the Mg now doing all the hard work, it's now so relating.

Thanks again MG Technician

Andrew

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom