Question on heated steering wheel

Deanicus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I've never had a car with a heated steering wheel and have been thankful for it in my MG4 given the dip in temperatures

However I just want to know from others if it is normal for the heating to "pulse". I mean that the heating is not constant and turns on and off.

Wherever I'm holding goes cold quickly enough but often if I move hand positions, the new part is hot (not always). Then the original part will then heat up again etc

Is this normal or should it be a relatively constant temperature like the seats?

Also, am I right in saying that the wheel seems to be "zoned"? Each segment seems to be controlled separately?

Hi,
On mine it operates exactly as you describe. I think that the temperature control of the steering wheel is controlled some how with on/off.
It heats indeed in "zones", which makes that some parts are hotter/colder than others.
Nevertheless, it is very pleasant, especially like now, in winter.
It doesn't definitely operates the same way than seats.

I've never had a car with a heated steering wheel and have been thankful for it in my MG4 given the dip in temperatures

However I just want to know from others if it is normal for the heating to "pulse". I mean that the heating is not constant and turns on and off.

Wherever I'm holding goes cold quickly enough but often if I move hand positions, the new part is hot (not always). Then the original part will then heat up again etc

Is this normal or should it be a relatively constant temperature like the seats?

Also, am I right in saying that the wheel seems to be "zoned"? Each segment seems to be controlled separately?
Where is the heated steering wheel control on the updated infotainment screen. It used to be next to ‘heated seats’ but not now?

Thanks folks. Due its first service soon so wanted to know if it was something I needed to flag!

Where is the heated steering wheel control on the updated infotainment screen. It used to be next to ‘heated seats’ but not now?
I've an MY22 on R33 so don't have the new screen. Can't help I'm afraid

I have this as well, I used to think my hands were getting warm and used to the heat until I moved my hands to another part of the steering wheel.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back