Radio on the Mk2 ZS

Mr H

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When I turn the car off the radio stays on until I lock the car or if I push and hold the home button it will go off. Now I would prefer it the other way around the radio goes off when I turn the car off and if I wanted the radio on I would hold the home button and it would come on as it was on my Mk1 ZS.

I have mentioned this in another thread.
It’s a bit of a strange set up ?.
But that’s the way it is !.
If you DON’T lock the car, it will time out after about 10 minutes regardless.

I take this as a little reminder that I haven't locked the car... something I was constantly forgetting to do in my previous vehicle and something the wife still does now in hers... I guess I don't mind it also as when I stop somewhere and turn off the car, I don't always get right out and appreciate not having to turn the radio back on again like I have had to in previous cars. Horses for courses I guess. but yeah you won't drain your 12v as the radio auto shuts off after 10 mins anyway.

While on the subject of strange happenings with the head unit 🤷‍♂️.
Has anybody picked up on the fact that the front screen will pick up finger touch, with a “Beep” even when the car has been shut down for hours !.
I found this out a few weeks ago, when cleaning the inside of the car.
The car had been sitting powered down all night, I wanted to clean the front touch screen.
I sprayed a small amount of glass cleaner onto a fine micro fibre cloth.
While I was cleaning the screen, one of my fingers contacted the screen by mistake.
I heard the info unit make that “Beep” that you hear, when you touch for a command to be actioned.
I thought 💭 I was hearing things at first !.
But no, every time I touched the front screen with my finger, it would “Bleep” back !.
Info switched off and car powered completely down for over 8 hours.
There must be a very small amount of current being drawn, even when the car is powered down.
Try it for yourself, I have not lost the plot completely ( not yet anyway ) 🤣.
Not enough down to flatten the 12 volt battery 🪫- but the there does appear to be some sort of phantom drain ?.

there does appear to be some sort of phantom drain ?.
I would try one of these to get the answers your looking for you should see current ramp down
Screenshot_20220628_184923.jpg

IF there is any type of drain, it must be extremely low.
I just pop into the App bout once a day ( if I remember ) just to get a feel for what the 12 volt battery state is reporting.
It usually reports figures around 13.1 - 13.4 volts ( like it is right now ).
I think it has only displayed very slightly under 13 volts once !.
Head units have always consumed some battery drain, to keep the memory activated in the unit.
It is SO low, I dont think we need to be concerned.
It was just an observation that I wanted to share.

I think the graph format would be handy over a few days to see exactly what's going on with out waking i-smart and how much i-smart uses when awake some people say the car should charger by itself with no activation from you this would also confirm this

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom