Radio Problem

John Arnold

Established Member
Reaction score
First time this has happened. While driving with radio on, screen changed from showing current program to ‘Radio Module Initializing’. Have tried changing 1. Station 2. Alternative format, am,fm etc 3. Going into Sat Nav 4. Turning car off completely and restarting. All without effect. The station set still continues playing but unable to change to another program.
Has anyone else experienced this and any advice on ‘a fix’ before I contact MG. All ideas welcomed.

Maybe the trick of removing the two usb sticks from the side of the infotainment unit for five minutes might work. Infotainment unit is located behind the glove box but see previous thread on this type of problem.

Search for the heading “Infotainment Problem” look at the link below

Last edited:
just to expand the above is it possible to turn the radio off and still use the sat navigation?
And if it is how 🤔

Had a look for the unit shown in the photo, without any luck.
You have to drop the glove box out to get to it, it's easy enough, it pops out once you undo the retainers either side (inside the glove box) - you may need a large coin to help with this. The unit is then visible, but disconnecting the plugs can be difficult as I couldn't get enough leverage to get them out, but brute force and ignorance prevailed.

Further to my earlier note. Went to the dealer this morning. Took less than 5 minutes. I asked what caused the problem. They said it was a common problem for the ZS & ZS EV. A loose connection to the infotainment unit. Once secured properly should not happen again. I hope that is correct.

Further to my earlier note. Went to the dealer this morning. Took less than 5 minutes. I asked what caused the problem. They said it was a common problem for the ZS & ZS EV. A loose connection to the infotainment unit. Once secured properly should not happen again. I hope that is correct.

Did they say where this loose connection was? Was it the unit behind the glove box? Glad you got it sorted :)

Happy days, but why was it loose to start with and what have they done to ensure those affected don’t have repeat issues!,,

In reply to the last 2 threads. I assume it was at the rear of the glove box but as they took it to the workshop cannot be sure. Thread 2. Common problem they said. No idea why it was not done during manufacturing.

Als antwoord op de laatste 2 threads. Ik neem aan dat het aan de achterkant van het handschoenenkastje zat, maar omdat ze het naar de werkplaats hebben gebracht, kan ik het niet zeker weten. Draad 2. Veel voorkomend probleem zeiden ze. Geen idee waarom het niet tijdens de productie is gedaan.
Hoelang zijn ze ermee bezig geweest want ik heb hetzelfde probleem

Just had the same issue, solved by unplugging white cable for 10sec.

No video but done instructions until they're fresh in my mind.

Open glove box. On the sides there are couple of plastic bits with a cut in the middle. By using a coin rotate them in horizontal position and pull them out. Now you can drop and remove the glovebox.

Locate the white cable. With one hand press behind it, with another take it on top and bottom side and pull to the right, it should come out easily.

Warning, at least for me in this weather the metal box was bloody hit to touch

Attachments

• PXL_20230615_170604204.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230615_170604204.MP.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 123
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom