Radio station labelling

Glen Tindall

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Is it possible to re-label radio stations away from their frequency? For example, can you edit the naming of the station from 92.7 to Fresh fm? We travel frequently to Victoria and keep forgetting which stations are which. I can't see anything in the owners manual how to do this, so I come to you guys.

Is it possible to re-label radio stations away from their frequency? For example, can you edit the naming of the station from 92.7 to Fresh fm? We travel frequently to Victoria and keep forgetting which stations are which. I can't see anything in the owners manual how to do this, so I come to you guys.
Same issue on my brand new HS PHEV in the UK. On FM the infotainment system displays the radio station frequency but not the name of the station. And I won't mention the inconvenient 'dongle' needed for DAB radio which I see is discussed at length elsewhere in the Forum. OK, I just have. In general, very pleased with the car so far...

I just stumbled across a feature that I didn't know existed, which is kind of related to this post. So, my issue was with DAB station labelling. The large title for every station simply shows "BBC Nati..." (See photo), which means at a glance they all look the same. You have to read the tiny text below to determine which box/button is for which station. I also don't want to take my hands off the steering wheel to make changes like that.

Then the other day I accidentally found a way to 1) control stations from the steering wheel and 2) clearly see the names of the individual stations rather than the grouping they belong to! (See video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AukPXy13nLF5neADTEPV2H1Bi6ejnA?e=n2pu0g)

This may be common knowledge, but for some perhaps not! Hope it helps somebody!

Attachments

• radio stations.jpg
    radio stations.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 69
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom