Radio

Lovetoad

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Sometimes my radio just does nothing, doesn't play and shows no stations or saved favourites in either fm or DAB. Sometimes it comes on after a while but today my whole journey was in silence as it failed to work. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it?

Next time it fails to produce any music 🎶 via the head unit on boot up.
Try pressing down the HOME button key on the head unit.
Keep it firmly held down until the head unit goes black and then enters into reboot mode ( it will take about 10 seconds ) now you can let go of the HOME button.
You may get a brief yellow warning ⚠️ in the dash panel because of the reboot, but this is normal.
When the reboot is complete the radio station / music etc will have returned.
It’s a software glitch that happen sometimes when booting up the car.
Powering the car completely down and rebooting will produce the same effect, but the short cut saves a bit of faffing about !.

Yes I get the radio silence sometimes so play Amazon music instead. The unmuting annoys me more as does no auto resume eg on Amazon music.

Mine does this randomly, mg did a reset and three miles later it stopped working. They are now going to change the infotainment unit.

My ZS Trophy Connect has had the same fault since I got it 13 months ago. It has had numerous visits to the garage for updates, re-boots, etc. It still does it now and then. Ongoing !!

Mine did the same when I first got it but it seems to have corrected itself somehow. I just wish the other fault would do the same.

The software for the head unit must be full of bugs, very occasionally it works OK but most of the time it swaps over to BT music or BBC news headlines on AA and when using google maps it mute the radio when giving directions and you cant get it back. It's the only thing on the car that annoys the hell out of me, the rest is great. I'll have to see if there are any updates when it's next serviced, as the promised OTA updates have never happened.

Sometimes my radio just does nothing, doesn't play and shows no stations or saved favourites in either fm or DAB. Sometimes it comes on after a while but today my whole journey was in silence as it failed to work. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it?
For me, sometimes is not sufficient to do a "reset" like Lovemyev mentioned.
The action that has been 100% successful to temporarily solving the issue is to detach the 12V battery :(

For me, sometimes is not sufficient to do a "reset" like Lovemyev mentioned.
The action that has been 100% successful to temporarily solving the issue is to detach the 12V battery :(
By holding down the home button you are only resetting the head unit, disconnecting the negative terminal on the 12 volt battery and waiting 10 minutes is a different thing.
This performs a total reset of the whole 12 volt system itself.
Which is more intense and not possible on the move of course.
A head unit reset can sometimes resolve the problem on the go.

My whole screen was changed on Thursday and I drove half mile homewards and the whole thing froze, Sat nav, radio, ventilation on full blast. As I was so close to the garage I drove back and so they could witness the problem in real life! Even turning the car off, phone disconnect, getting out and locking it still didn’t get us of my satnav screen. Luckily the took video evidence of it all and now I have a hire car instead. Cannot see this ever getting fixed!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom