Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Nah. :D
IMG_20230522_133350393_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230522_141355467.jpg

Started at 100% drove straight through, legs crossed as taking pictures at Norwich Gridserve forecourt.

Agreed... to an extent . Mine is 4.7M/Kw at the moment . On the downside rapid charging stations like your pic are like rocking horse s$£t around my way ;)

There's a Lidl with charger literally just round the corner from there which is cheaper and has a nice shop nearby :)

I only know because I went that way for the one and only time weeks ago, and the Gridserve was my (unnecessary) fall-back option.

Made the return journey yesterday, minus charging, although did stop for a coffee and cake break. This is actually the longest journey I have made that did not require a charge and I didn't have any anxieties at all. :)
The journey there I charged in order to make sure I had plenty in the tank for pootling around without having to worry to much about locvating a charger immediately.
I was fortunate though that the location we went to had 7kW chargers (I didn't think they had, but they did) and for free, so no cost whilst there or for the return journey...happy days.
IMG_20230526_150228165_HDR.jpg

Total for the trip was £24 at the Gridserve and I reckon about £5.50 for the top up back to 100%, where I started, on return home so call it £30 for 531 miles. Not too bad.
If I'd known the location had free charging it would have been just the £5.50. :unsure:

IMG_20230527_103543089.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom