Range anxiety cured!

Are they road/street legal yet in the UK ?

No. I don’t think that they are. Cool little things though.

• Please note, privately-owned e-scooters can not be used on public highways (roads/pavements), and can only be used on private property with the landowner’s consent. Appropriate protective equipment should be worn at all times. This e-scooter should not be ridden by persons under the age of 16 years.
Not yet, listed at the bottom of key features.

if you ran out of juice it might be worth the risk...

Not yet, listed at the bottom of key features.
  • Please note, privately-owned e-scooters can not be used on public highways (roads/pavements), and can only be used on private property with the landowner’s consent. Appropriate protective equipment should be worn at all times. This e-scooter should not be ridden by persons under the age of 16 years.

I see so many youngsters with these shooting past on the pavement, even some older mostly men. Who's going to stop them? Like so many things the police don't have time or resources and will not get out of their cars to speak to anyone (unless your walking 5 miles away from home). Like so many other things, such as parking on our pavements (now the responsibility of our Local Council parking partnership) unless its in a dangerous position, Corners, bends and brow of hills don't seem to count!
N.B. Essex has now applied to government to make parking on pavements a police matter - some chance of that happening.

Yeah its very difficult to police. In London i used to see quite a few pulled over riding them though. I believe yiu can ride them in London if they hired. Pre-pandemic anyway 😕

I thought they were only legally driven if they were hired from authorised outlets. I imagined that these scooters would be of a certain quality, and not just any old thing bought from toy shops....

They are very popular in France, as of 18 months ago...:)

I thought they were only legally driven if they were hired from authorised outlets. I imagined that these scooters would be of a certain quality, and not just any old thing bought from toy shops....

They are very popular in France, as of 18 months ago...:)
Yes. I think that you’re right. Nice to have in the boot though to send your passenger to get help 🙃

I saw a bloke riding one of these with a kid in front of him, i.e. both on the same scooter, on a main road! 😲 People like that should be removed from the gene pool (not referring to the kid, obviously) and I fear if he continues on like that, he soon will be.

I think they are legal IF you hire them..but still not allowed on public roads or pavements

My understanding is that it's legal to use hired scooters only in areas which have been allocated for trials, not widespread legal use if they're hired.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom