Range fully charged drop 25 percent

Belfastboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All, so I purchased a 2020 MG ZS EV in April, had 33000 miles, now upto 36000. Last week I noticed the fully charged display on the screen drop to 142 miles at 100%, this is with air con off, economy mode. I used to get 189 miles when first getting the car. I don't fast charge, just three pin plug at home which is grand, usually fully charges overnight or upto 12 hours. I've booked I to garge but not until 17th August, an ideas how to view or get info on the battery other than via the garage?

Is this from the GOM? 142 miles from fully charged suggests you are getting approx 3.34 miles/kWh down from approx 4.45 miles/kWh when you bought the car.
If the battery gets a chance to balance regularly (which it sounds like it does), then presumably the range difference relates to driving style. However, I don’t think MG promised a better range than that on the 42.5 kWh (usable) battery.
I think you would need an OBD reader to check the battery SOH.

Thanks for you response Susanna, I understand the driving style piece, in fairness I do alot of city driving, however live in Belfast and do a Belfast to Dublin drive, once a month. So it is possible the next run to Dublin will average out the balance, seems a long time for it to balance feom i bought it...?! guess if I reset the stats on the consumption this may default to factory setting and display book data also? 😃. Thanks again, makes sense, totally paranoid about the battery! and range anxiety especially as capacity ain't massive so every m/kwh makes a difference 🫠

Definitely reset your trip counters to get a factory GOM display with everything off.
What does you m/kWh display after a trip around town and going to Dublin?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom