Range Long Trip Mode

kitkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
good morning had sophie trophy on charge overnight as going to nottingham and then to Doncaster, so checked this morning 98% charge 301mile range i thought it would only go to 273.

so am curious how this will translate on the road, anyone else had this, by the way this is showing on app at the moment

The 301 you see is based on many factors like warmer weather ans especially your driving style in the last few days. Suppose you did a lot of city driving in the last 2-3 days? That number will dwindle faster than you think become more realistic once you start your journey esp on the motorway. It happened to me on SR. Showed me 211 at 100% when WLTP for SR is 199. Within no time, it was down. I did a 40 mile drive(part motorway) and it was down to 150 miles when I finished my journey.

Upto 273 is based on the WLTP combined cycle, or as mg.co.uk puts it, 'a bit of everything'! They also give a range of estimates from 207 on motorways to 387 in slow moving traffic. And of course what you see in the car is an estimate based on your recent driving style/ trip type. That's why you'll see people refer to it as the GOM (guessometer) 😃. This site gives some useful estimates: MG ZS EV Long Range

good morning had sophie trophy on charge overnight as going to nottingham and then to Doncaster, so checked this morning 98% charge 301mile range i thought it would only go to 273.

so am curious how this will translate on the road, anyone else had this, by the way this is showing on app at the moment
It's based on a lot of different factors, your driving style (how hard you accelerate, how much regen you use) the temperature of the batteries, the temperature of the car, the average speed at which you travel etc etc... The wltp figures for just driving round town say that the vehicle is capable of up to 370 miles if you just pootle around town

If you want this predicted mileage to be closer representation, then reset both of your trips before you commence your journey.
Or better still, reset the night before you charge !.
This will produce a more accurate prediction.
But remember, it is purely THAT ! - A prediction / guess.
Hence - GOM “Guest-O-Meter”.
An inflated range is always nice to see, although as others have rightly said already, the range will deplete faster before stabilising out.

well as most have said it does dwindle on motorway went to nottingham first 140 miles then onto Doncaster add another 60 miles to that got into doncaster with 17% battery and 35 miles left so around 235 topped up at lidl to 81%giving me a range of 220 miles, covered 200 miles coming back, and was left with 13% 30 miles pleased with that at a cost of £22

So being a bit thick. Can you confirm that you covered 400 miles at a cost of £22?

What sort of speeds were you driving at?

I will be over the moon if I can get that out of my car when it finally arrives 👍🏼👍🏼😂

So being a bit thick. Can you confirm that you covered 400 miles at a cost of £22?

I will be over the moon if I can get that out of my car when it finally arrives 👍🏼👍🏼😂
It cost £22 for a 17% to 81% charge so about 49p per kWh. How much it was to charge at home to 100% at the beginning is anyone's guess; 0p for solar or £13.60 for 20p per kWh?
I think you'll be over the moon though when yours arrives ;)

between 50-80 average 65 on way home booted it a bit got home 13% bit nervy the last 19 miles so eased her home with about 30 miles left will not run so close in future but pleased with the performance although a change of underpants was required when at home 😂

between 50-80 average 65 on way home booted it a bit got home 13% bit nervy the last 19 miles so eased her home with about 30 miles left will not run so close in future but pleased with the performance although a change of underpants was required when at home 😂
Did regen work well? Did you notice the range not going down for sometime with regen working or even adding miles? I enjoy watching that bit whenever it happens.

Did regen work well? Did you notice the range not going down for sometime with regen working or even adding miles? I enjoy watching that bit whenever it happens.
yes mihir when doing about 3 miles see the range still the same, last bit of journey was watching it closely and as you say stayed at 30 miles left for a good few miles

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom