Range

Martin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone else ever got 215 miles after a full charge?
20210711_004540.jpg

I've had 221 displayed. Obviously never actually achieved anywhere near.

Has anyone else ever got 215 miles after a full charge? View attachment 3990
Reset both of your trip indicators and check it again.
Your accumulative trip total if not reset, will display a higher “Predicted” range.
I have seen over 200 miles after a charge and balance, but resetting the accumulative trip will bring it to a more accurate figure I find.
You can leave it at 215 miles of predicted range if you like, but don’t be fooled into thinking it will actually travel that far !.

Yes, got this a few days ago, I wish it was always like this. Of course I didn't actually GET this.

Attachments

• 20210712_154819[1].jpg
    20210712_154819[1].jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 172
Those with high predicted range what’s your ling term mpkwh saying? It must be around 5mpk to get that sort of prediction?

I've had 205 miles, at least that's what it said on the screen. I asked at the MG garage who said that it sometimes happens but doesn't(unfortunately) necessarily happen again.
It’s only a predicted range assessment based on your previous journeys and in combination with your driving style.
Boot up the car to the “Ready” state, then go into your trip recording screen.
Now with one eye on your reported range, reset your accumulative trip back to zero.
Instantly you will see the previous predicted range come back to a more realistic prediction !.
Watch as your jaw instantly drops as quickly as the range disappears from the GOM 😂.
Some owners like to see the extra mileage predicted on the GOM - but in actual fact it is way over estimated.
Your distance able to be travelled ( actual range in distance ) has not really changed.
I like to reset my trips when making a longer journey, I have become comfortable using the car with a reset GOM for that type of distance.

Mine's pretty consistent 158 Winter to 163 Summer on the GOM in normal no HVAC.
Real mileage is about 130-140 in Winter depending how much HVAC I use and around 160 in Summer.

My GOM reads the same regardless of the accumulated trip being reset or not. Like Kithmo 163 in summer and shorter as the temperature falls. I have done several long distance, multiple charge journeys and found the GOM to be very accurate but I plan recharges on predetermined stops based on mileage. I have a fairly accurate idea of what my m/kwh is during a journey and will adjust speed accordingly. Speed, temperature and surface water seem to be the biggest factors affecting range for me.

My GOM reads the same regardless of the accumulated trip being reset or not. Like Kithmo 163 in summer and shorter as the temperature falls. I have done several long distance, multiple charge journeys and found the GOM to be very accurate but I plan recharges on predetermined stops based on mileage. I have a fairly accurate idea of what my m/kwh is during a journey and will adjust speed accordingly. Speed, temperature and surface water seem to be the biggest factors affecting range for me.
My brothers ZS EV purchased in Nov 2020 reacts in the same way, his GOM never alters the prediction when he resets the accumulative total either ?.
Not 100% sure what software he is running on, but my money is he is running on the factory BMS with just the Comfort 2 update done pre delivery.
Come to think of it, when I was on the original OEM software, I don’t recall seeing a difference in the predicted range on the GOM when resetting the accumulative total either ?.
Maybe this is something that has happened as a result of getting the Jan15th BMS update, who he hell knows.
More to the point, who the hell cares !.
Far to many variations across each car to be honest, it should be a “One Size Fit’s All” situation.

My brothers ZS EV purchased in Nov 2020 reacts in the same way, his GOM never alters the prediction when he resets the accumulative total either ?.
Not 100% sure what software he is running on, but my money is he is running on the factory BMS with just the Comfort 2 update done pre delivery.
Come to think of it, when I was on the original OEM software, I don’t recall seeing a difference in the predicted range on the GOM when resetting the accumulative total either ?.
Maybe this is something that has happened as a result of getting the Jan15th BMS update, who he hell knows.
More to the point, who the hell cares !.
Far to many variations across each car to be honest, it should be a “One Size Fit’s All” situation.
I did not know that, it’s the first time I’ve heard that anyones GOM is not using prior data to alter its calculations.

I wonder what ECU module it is that generates the GOM figure...

I have had more, it's quite entertaining seeing how high it will go. Will never achieve this mileage of course.
pic.jpg

I have had more, it's quite entertaining seeing how high it will go. Will never achieve this mileage of course.
View attachment 4132
It is likely to keep building ( to a point ) but it’s a “Unicorn” figure anyway.
To burst the bubble, next time you boot up the car to the “Ready” condition, before you move off, just reset both of the trip meters, by using the up and down arrows on the left hand side of the steering wheel.
When you reach the “accumulative” trip figure ( shown on the dash panel ) press and hold the OK button, situated between the up and down buttons on the right hand side of the msteering wheel.
Now watch as you get a reality check, on the predicted mileage ( range ) lost, it resets itself.
The predicted 219 miles of range, will be reduced to around 160 ish miles of predicted range, in seconds !.
Before you have even left your driveway.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom