Rattle

gus

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Ok it is getting colder, but the rattles are increasing in my ZS, I can’t work out if the latest rattle is the unit that has the overhead lights in or the black cover just in front of it that has the USB socket in it, anyone else getting rattles?

funny enough just went out with the car and noticed a rattle thought it was the seatbelt, need to do a bit of driving tomorrow and see what it is.

There is another thread about a rattle overhead which came from the sunroof. Might be worth checking that out.

Had a rattle overhead by the light removed the light with a credit card and found a small box on wires loose floating around stuck it down with tape, I still have vibration from dash area I can't find.

Currently have a bad rattle coming from the back of the dash of my LR Trophy. I suspect it may be scuttle tray. Also have had rattles from the sunroof, but resolved with liberal application of silicon spray.

I suspect it may be scuttle tray.
Common problem this on the ZSEV.
Was an issue on the Gen1 models, so has likely migrated over into the Gen2 models.
More of a ticking / snapping / creaking sound when it’s the scuttle panel issue.
More prominent in the colder weather !.
Most people are convinced that the sound is coming from either the top of the dash panel crash pad or behind the dash board itself.
There is a quick fix or a longer term fix, but that requires the removal of the scuttle panel etc.
It was really loud on my Gen1 model, when the body shell flexed our when travelling over broken tarmac surfaces.
The noise reduced in strength when the cabin warmed up.

Drivers A pillar in ZSEV Model 2 seems to rattle or hum near speaker in the A pillar. If I hold the pillar with my hand the rattle buzz stops when moving. Has anyone else witnessed this?

Drivers A pillar in ZSEV Model 2 seems to rattle or hum near speaker in the A pillar. If I hold the pillar with my hand the rattle buzz stops when moving. Has anyone else witnessed this?
There is another thread about the speaker rattling. If I remember correctly, you can unclip the speaker cover and use some double sided tape to fix the problem.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom